Looking for JW books

by SPARKRL 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SPARKRL
    SPARKRL

I've been visiting this site for awhile now and have been fascinated by many of the posts. I have an aunt in Arkansas who has been trying for decades to get me into the fellowship of the Watchtower. In this course of time I have become very interested in the WTS and their publications, but have yet to fall into their system of thought.

I for the past couple of years have attempted, unsuccessfully, to have them send me the Awake and Watchtower publications. Everytime I ask for a subscription, there's a knock on my door, usually on saturdays, and I have the pleasure of discussing the Bible for extended periods of time, but without a subscription.

I'm working with a devoute JW who's a really great guy. I asked him for some past Awake and Watchtower articles dating back to Oct. 1968 (concerning Christ's appearance coming then in 1975). Without telling him why I was requesting the articles, he said that the WTS had past issues that he could access. However, when we met again, he said that they did'nt go back that far.

Does anyone know how I can retreive old issues and also receive current issues. Thanks for any help

• garybuss
    garybuss

If you do what I did, you will go to to www.Freeminds.org and buy the CD's and books Randy has, and then go on e-bay and buy Watchtower CD's and books Randy didn't have.

You could find a Witness with a fully stocked library and marry him / her. Gag . . .

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Take a look arount at http://www.reexamine.org

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

They did away with subscriptions many years ago.

The WTS's CDs with their books on them are only for active JWs. They also are not exact duplicates of the original magazines. They have been edited to rewrite their history.

They get delivered to your home by people instead of the mailman for a couple of reasons:

• because they believe their doctrines are so hard to understand that it requires someone to to through the literature with you so that you don't come to the wrong conclusions
    • because if you read them on your own without someone explaining it to you they might not be able to control you and turn you into a JW who goes out and sells more of their "diffiicult" teachings
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yep, you simply can't get your hands that easy on this stuff. I would suggest asking your aunt if she could send the new magazines as they come out if you really want them. Other than that your best bet is picking up bound volumes on ebay, i've gotten most for around 3-5 dollars each.

• hubert
    hubert

Or, you can go to your local laundromat and get the monthly Awake and Watchtower mags.

If you start researching the W.T., you can find some of their old publications in used book stores.

They usually carry their version of the bible, also. the NWT...New World Translation.

You can compare verses with the KJV...King James Version. This is the version they used before they "made" their own bible in the 1960's, and you can note all the changes in the verses between the two bibles.

There are a few threads in this forum that deal with the bible verse changes in the NWT. They might be in the "Best of" section that Lady Lee maintains. Here's one of the links... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/103991/1.ashx

Hubert

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I recently threw out a couple of hundred pounds of their shit, and there's another 50 pounds worth going out next week. I dispose of it in 50 pound increments so I don't bust a gut.

W

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You can download a Watchtower CD collection here: http://www.watchtower.cc/wt2005.zip

You will need an ISO file utility to burn the ISO file to a CD Rom. Here is a website that will tell you how: http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Ebay is a ready source for old Watchtower publications.

• James Free
    James Free

I have nearly all the older books if anyone is interested

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit