Scriptures You Will Not Hear at the 14-05-06 Church Sermon

by scout575 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Dan,
    >Wow, Ananias and Saphira have been burning in hell now for almost 2000 years now!
    Actually, NO. They did not lose their salvation. They lost their immediate and temporary life here on earth.

For Scout,
    Have you ever actually read any Biblical passage in context or did you never unlearn the JW taught habit of single scripture exegesis?
    Rex

• scout575
    scout575

Shining One: You Say: "Have you ever actually read any Biblical passages in context or did you never unlearn the JW taught habit of single Scripture exegesis?"

I wonder if you would have made the same comment had I have posted three 3 'nice' verses from the New Testament?

• Shazard
    Shazard

It is very eazy to mix "scare tactics" with "warning". You can call traffic laws and traffic incident statistics as "scare tactics too". But when nobody listens, you have to face the reality of ignorance. Even you tell "drive safely" to your friends. They can accuse you in using "scare tactics" too and attemt to control their behaviour. And actually what you are implying is that they drive unsafe, so at the end of the day you can be sued for insult.

• scout575
    scout575

Shazard: The problem with the warnings that God is depicted, in the Bible, as giving, is that he warns people against being killed by HIM. He is like a husband who says to his wife: "Please don't hurt my feelings, or you will leave me with no option but to kill you." Yes, the husband has given a warning, but he hardly deserves to be applauded for it.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    >Wow, Ananias and Saphira have been burning in hell now for almost 2000 years now!

Actually, NO. They did not lose their salvation. They lost their immediate and temporary life here on earth.

So they went to heaven? Cool! I guess that it was good for them that they withheld their money or whatever then!

• Shining One
  • Shining One
    Shining One

Scout,
    Your question is not relevant to the comment that I made.
    Rex

• scout575
    scout575

Shining One: I don't necessarily see a problem with quoting single texts from the Bible. It certainly isn't something thats exclusive to the WTS. I often see religious posters outside churches that have single scripture quotations on them ( they do tend to be 'nice' verses from the NT, though ). Of course, the NT itself is full of examples of single scripture quotations from the OT, see Acts 13:41; 15:15,16; 23:5; 28:26,27 etc.

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Shazard: The problem with the warnings that God is depicted, in the Bible, as giving, is that he warns people against being killed by HIM.

Assuming God exists, He created us, He determines how long we live and how we die. He is in control, He does not do evil, He allows it to exist within His guidelines. Your analogy is senseless because you don't understand what the Bible teaches. Perhaps you need to study your subject before you even attempt to question that subject?
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit