James Blunt

by 5thGeneration 20 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

The thing that put me off "goodbye my lover " was the verse.................."I know you well I know your SMELL"

• daystar
    daystar

I like Blunt okay, but I'm thinking enough is enough. I've downloaded some of the mp3s, but I won't be buying the CD.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Crumpet:

Well i knew my opinion wouldn't be popular - i felt the same about Maroon 5 - although to be fair they haven;t got on my nerves as much as Blunt - the C*** as he's known around here!

Don't worry, you're not alone. I saw him under duress at a music festival and he played that "Beautiful" song about 12 times as far as I could tell. He just changed the words to express some slightly different whiny girly-man sentiment.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Actually he isn't bad, have in mind that virtually all songs have lyrics that are negative and mournful narrating failed love affairs, they talk about jealousies and grief, all very infantile really.

• lola28
    lola28

I would like to take a bat to the mans head, if I have to hear "Beautiful" one more time I will hurt someone. Oooooooooooo the new Pearl Jam cd now that rocks.

lola

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Well I predict we'll all be able to have that laugh back at him in less time that it takes a pop tart to marry a footballer

Now that was funny :)

The song about the girl on the subway who's with another man is all over the radio here, ugh, I can't stand it.

• lucifer
    lucifer

I love james blunt! wiseman is a good song to

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Life Style Extra - 2 hours ago LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - James Blunt swept the 51st annual Ivor Novello Awards in London last night (25.05.06) - leaving Coldplay empty handed.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=WU262582O&headline=james_blunts_award_triumph

THIS IS A TOTAL TRAVESTY!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Like daystar I "borrowed" some of Blunt's tunes off Limewire but have no desire to but his cds. Blunt's in the same category as John Mayers for me. Bland yet overplayed to death.

LOVE the new Pearl Jam and Chili Peppers discs

Dams

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I agree they play songs so over and over again that we get sick of them, even the good stuff. I think we all like to

feel like we hear a song and found it.....and then the constant bombardment takes away from the specialness of it.

(like a good dinner and wine)

I like CRY too, Three Wise Men....High

and James Blunt.

I saw John Mayer in concert a few years ago. He is awesome on the guitar.

He got his name out there with his "bubble gum" stuff, but there is alot more

to him than that.

Seems so many artists now are here for a moment........I suppose time

will tell how great alot of the new artist really are.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit