What Do You Think About Yourself???

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

I think I have the potential to be smart, quick witted, pretty, kind, generous & loveable. But, lack the ambition. I am overly sensitive and care how others view me. I tend to take things too seriously and feel them too deeply. I'm overly empathetic and try to block out painful emotions with humor and self-deprecation. I am a giver and a pleaser. I have pride in myself and sometimes consider myself above average, although I constantly suffer from low self esteem. My current life is like a vinyl record with the needle stuck...playing static over and over. I can't get over being a JW and I'm tired of being an ExJW. I feel like I am waiting for someone to hand me another life. I sometimes think subconsciously, my JW self is sabotaging things. I wasn't disfellowshipped but, I feel like I have disfellowshipped myself. The dissapointment, finger-pointing and judgemental attitude that my former friends showed toward me leaving has effected me a lot. I have tried "letting loose" ... becoming "worldly" or "heathenistic" but, there is alway some sort of old jw restraint warring in my head.

In trying to answer the question (What Do You Think About Yourself???)..I just realized that I probably could write pages of incoherient drivel that no one cares about anyway.

Either I would be thinking too much of myself or not enough about myself. I also realize that I am totally miserable when my focus turns inward and contentedly happy when my focus turns outward towards others. My codependent nature was sickly satiated as a witness. Until I find another dysfunctional person or group to latch onto I will continue to wallow in my self-pity... searching for someone or something else to define me.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

thanks serendipity, I know it's stupid to keep beating myself up and that things will turn out OK but it's taking me a while to get through this.

On the plus side, I seem to be damn fine in interviews and have the ability to make decent friends who actually care about me. I can't be all bad!

• blondie
    blondie

I think I know everything.

It's just the need to control everything that comes out of the abuse in my life.

BTW, min, my intellect is one of the things that my husband married me for.......

• misguided
    misguided
    I think I know everything.

hail blondie...she does know everything...

I feel substandard most of the time. Fortunately I have a really great bf and employers (physicians) who remind me daily that I have a life worth living...because as a JW I felt substandard every day. Now I feel I have something to give to others. It's a lifesaving (for real) moment. I'm still a work in progress.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, you redhead!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit