My God, this is outragous - HP Sauce to be made in Netherlands, not Britain

by Simon 40 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

HP Sauce is THE sauce to have with a fry-up at breakfast. Not like that horrible American ketchup nonsense.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/05/10/hp-british.html

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    HP Sauce is THE sauce to have with a fry-up at breakfast. Not like that horrible American ketchup nonsense.

Steak sauce for breakfast? What do you eat it on? .... oh wait, I seem to remember when I was in London, I ate the yukiest whitest sausage (banger?) I'd ever seen..... yep, that would be perfect for it... it would kill the taste.

Here in Southern California (Northern Mexico), we don't do ketchup.... it's hot salsa or nothing!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Hey, we use A-1 on our steaks (if that is what you are talking about because it says on the bottle it is Steak Sauce). Anyways, it certainly cannot be any yuckier then marmite or vegamite. Talk about disgusting!!! Yuck!

• luna2
    luna2

Is it sort of a sweet sauce, like ketchup is, Simon?

Sorry they are mucking around with your condiments in any case.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I can only imagine how you feel.

Here in the US we have a commercial about some guys in Texas discovering their salsa is made in New York City.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

New York City?????

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Funny, MissB, as always.
    I like Tabasco sauce w/ chipotle on my hash browns and eggs.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am willing to try anything once, is this something you can get in the US?

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Thanks cyd....where I'm from (Southern Monaco) everyone seems to prefer Texas Pete. But I'm a Tabasco girl myself....or Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce. Yummy!

free2beme, I would hazard a guess that it's probably closest to our A-1.

You know the things I can't get my head around that seem to always be part of a full English breakfast.....baked beans and blood pudding.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

You'll get used to it, Simon. We've had Kraft, a US company, making Vegemite for decades!

BTW, if I use any sauce on meat, it's generally HP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit