Did your KH have a minimum skirt length, max heel height,

by White Waves 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

At the hall I went to there was always this one particular "older sister" who felt it was her job to be on slit patrol. One time I had the bad luck of being put in a car group with her and she said the slit in the back of my dress was too high and made me go home and put on a long slip!! It was a long straight dress, nothing immodest about it and if it didn't have some kind of a slit I wouldn't have been able to walk! Just thinking about that experience makes me want to hurl!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

No, but in some cases I wish they did. The PO's daughter had a nasty habit of wearing her skirts so short you could see the different in her control top hose. She also did not know how to bend by the down and not bend over with you butt in the air.

Or the other PO's daughter who was really heavy and she wore clothes that were too small. She was known to sit in the guys laps and take their hands and put it over her "heart" which happened to be right over her large breasts and say "feel how hard my heart is beating". I always felt so sorry for the guys, because they looked like they were a deer in headlights. The worst of it was that her mom use to say "the boys just love .... they have such a hard time keeping their hands off of her" It was so strange.

However, when a non-PO's daughter wore a leather skirt, she was counseled about being too faddish. Nice!

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

We were counceled not to wear open toed sandles or shoes without pantyhose and that when out in service we must always dress as if you were going on a job interview with IBM or some big Corporation. One sunday afternoon in Sept when my son was little around10 the PO came over to my husband and said "You really need to discontinue your son's service in white shoe, for white should not be worn after Labor Day and I know you can well afford to buy him a pair of shoes suitable for the fall so that we may give a fine impression in our door to door ministry

ARoarer

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

YES I think the skirts were not more then 1inch above the knee. Then later after I left that was lowered to AT THE KNEE..

• Es
    Es

For those in Australia you might remember Bro Ted Bromich, he was very particular bout the length of the skirt he had a saying the skirt stops where the spilt starts!!!!

es

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    For those in Australia you might remember Bro Ted Bromich, he was very particular bout the length of the skirt he had a saying the skirt stops where the spilt starts!!!!

es

Was he referring to the toes or the ass?

• cheen
    cheen

The "building with no windows" that I attended was a more liberal ordnung. No real policy on stuff like skirt length, heels, etc..up to your own concience. But this liberalism led to quite a few fashion shows that I attended, whewww! and the younger elders wives wore the more revealing clothes. Older elders wives looked more like Aunt Bee from "the Andy Griffith Show", lol.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

This is so funny because my grandaughter just had her confirmation at her Catholic church. I was reading the instructions for dress apparell and it said no dresses should be more than 4 inches above the knee. Well she's not that tall..4 inches would be

It also said no sundresses..so what do they get her to wear? A sundress!..Course they rushed out at the last minute and got her a little tiny sweater top to wear over it...

I remember too at the KH..all women and girls should wear pantyhose!..

Dresses to the knees or longer..but not TOO long..

Didn't want to give those horney brothers a spastic attack...

Every wife I talked to at the hall would go on and on about their sex life..like I wanted to hear about it.When their husbands would give a talk and be all serious..I would have a hard time trying to keep from giggling..

Oh the memories..

Snoozy..

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I never was counselled for the lengths of my skirts or heights of my heels. HOWEVER... I was called into the 'doom room' (as we liked to call it) once. It seemed that the elders felt I should be wearing very loose tops/dresses. One of the othere elders had been getting, and I quote, 'distracted by your breasts'. This same elder who had cheated on his wife with a regular pioneer. And I was the one who was at fault. Ha.

• under_believer
    under_believer

We had a rule. Slits were okay, but the skirt was actually only as long as the slit. Like if you had a 35" skirt with a 5" slit it was actually a 30" skirt. I always thought that was stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit