Upsetting dream---interpretations?

by Kat_ 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Kat_
    Kat_

Okay, so I woke up this morning with a nervous lump in my stomach and feeling quite like a little lost child. My dreams hardly ever affect me. I am remember Naeb's dream about a jade monkey and a dog and thinking--okay, maybe my dream can be interpreted as well?

I don't know why I am posting it; I just wanted to get it off my chest. I remember every single detail vividly:

I am driving in my brothers car with just myself and my two kids. I notice and count about 22 tornadoes in the sky. I see lightning and heavy, black clouds. No rain, though. No sound, either. Next thing I know I am at this tourist attraction somewhere in the northeast coast of US. I see this family with one young son and start talking to them about this huge 'storm of the century'. They say that the general idea is that it may be Armageddon, and that they are going up to some mountain very high above sea level. (I cannot remember the name but it was very similar sounding to something like excalibur, etc.--a name like that)

I decide to do the same but for some reason, by the time I am ready to make the trek there, it's too late. No reason is ever mentioned in my dream; just that it is 'too late' to go up there.
    So I start driving around an unknown town aimlessly, stopping at various stores and I remember a library, in particular. I meet a variety of people, mostly elderly people and young moms like myself. Each time I talk to one it's the same thing: "This is it, this is officially Armageddon." Funny thing throughout the dream though, never once do I even acknowledge JW's in any way. I never meet even one of them and never acknowledge myself as one. It's as if, in my dream, they don't exsist?!?

I end up carting my kids all over the place, meeting people everywhere I go. Every one seems aware of Armageddon as if it's a nationally recognized event that applied to everyone...in other words, it was expected and believed to happen eventually, by everyone.

I meet many people who decide to 'sit it out' like a hurricane, and I meet people who are panicking, and I meet people like myself, all women with young children (there were not many men present in this dream at all--only one man, an older guy with a bottle of liquor in a paper bag sitting on a bench, stood out). Anyway, the people like me are not really panicking but are just trying to make it to safe ground (flood?). Throughout the dream I never think of dying as a result of 'judgement' from God...more of the worry of dying or being injured in the storm.

The last stop I make seems to be an office building with a bunch of young, good looking, western wearing (sequins and cowboy hats), business people. The wall of the building is missing so I can see each office on each of the 3 floors. The occupants of each office
    are packing up their desks and putting all possessions into boxes. I see many blondes...they are mostly blonde men and women in their thirties. All of them are wearing some shade of white. White dresses, off white hats, white dress shirts. One guy is coming out of the building with a box. In his box are a pair of pink knitted somethings(?socks, mittens?). One falls out and I pick it up for him. He thanks me and starts complaining about how he doesn't want to lose anything. I tell him: "What's the point? If you are chosen to live then you'll no longer need this box--a whole new life is waiting for you. And if you die in this, then obviously you still won't need the box." He says "good point", smiles, and walks away. It is at this point that I start to feel secure in the knowledge that I myself am safe from God's 'wrath'. I see myself as a good person who will not be destroyed (in the dream).

Last scene in the dream comes next: I am in a big building--like a convention center (or assembly hall)of sorts--and the storm outside is raging but it's still soundless. More of an 'I just know it's out there' thing. The next thing I know, I am looking out over a balcony and it's a sunny dessert atmosphere with no sand--(but artificially sunny, as if there are lamps overhead). I see in the distance a parade of sorts. A plethora of colors and flags are in the air. A group from every nation in the world is present in this parade. They are silent but decidedly triumphant in their march towards the building. I start yelling out that it's over and we have survived. My euphoria is very short-lived, however. I am suddenly wondering if this was really armageddon...if it was then why are we ALL here and not just a select few? Why is my dream equivalent of the UN still alive?? Aren't they considered to be part of the wicked world?? Next thing I know, I am in the parking lot of my childhood apartment complex in NY talking to people in the parking lot, asking them why I am still alive? It is only then that I start to think "am I good enough to survive?" I start thinking, "yes I am, I am not an evil person or a murderer, etc...but is that enough?" ONly then does the whole JW aspect kick in...it's a sudden gestalt type of thing..all of the sudden I realize that there are JW's out there who believe I shouldn't have made it. Then someone tells me that my armageddon was not real because these 'UN-type people' made it. That the 'real' armageddon had happened but that my version was false and that, in reality, I had yet to be judged.

Then I wake up, just like that, in the middle of that thought. Now I feel like crap with a nervous feeling. I am probably just going crazy and really need to get a life. But I wanted to share and ask if anyone had dreams about 'the end'???

I never take my dreams seriously..they are the outlet for dormant insanity, I hear. My dreams, however, are usually not as vivid and definitely not as memorable. I hardly ever remember my dreams when I wake up. This has stayed with me all day, nagging me!

Kat

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

This dream mean you are crazy. Have yourself commited immidietly.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Dear Kat,
    I would just take a deep breath and relax. You're not crazy, and you're not doomed. You're brain is just working off mental/emotional toxins. You're subconscious is trying to work through what you were always taught by WTBTS, adn what you're now learning to be true: that you are a GOOD AND WORTHY PERSON. Stay with that thought. Please do not take it as any sort of prophetic dream if, for no other reason, that IF everything you had been taught as a DUB were true, jehovah does not speak to us through dreams. Now, I DO believein prophetic dreams, but trust me, this is just your abused psyche doing soem housecleaning and healing--so congratulations!
    Be at peace. Only when I was out, did I find some badly needed peace. When I was in, I had THE WORST NIGHTMARES.
    Love,
    B.

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

hiya Kat
    bridgette pretty much hit it on the head, it is just post anxiety, your subconscious is dealing with the changes,

and to answer your question yes, i have had dreams of the sort where armageddon is coming/happening or dreams dealing around events dealing up to the big A,
    i also have had dreams or should i say nightmares, that i am attending the hall again, scary i tell you. . .

dc

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

DC, you said: you "have had dreams or should i say nightmares, that i am attending the hall again, scary"
    Now that's horror! *shudder*

B.

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Me to, I had strange dream of this kind. I remember that in one of my dream, I was returning at the Kingdom Hall and everyone was saying that I wasn't good enough to be a jw and they were shock by my comportment.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Hi, Kat,

As an outsider, but one who knows dreams can be warnings and guides, here's my input.

I think this one may have been a combination of clearing old thinking for you and also, more importantly, may have started your mind towards being ready for how things are actually going to go rather than how you have been taught they will go.

I have JW family who I am concerned about since they will not be able to cope well mentally when "the end of this system" occurs and lo and behold, us non-JWs are still here. Your dream image is much more how it is going to be, as there are indeed many good people of all nations and religions who will make it through, and without all the dead bodies piling up in the eagerly-awaited JW version of the story. My sister does indeed look forward to being able to take over the homes of the dead and having all those things that have been denied her in this life. Therein seems to be the draw for her to the JW religion -- nearly everyone will be dead and JWs get everything and laugh at the rest of us forever. Sad but true. I hope I am near enough to her when your scenerio is the one that happens to help her adjust to the far-better reality you have envisioned, which she refuses to even consider possible.

Consider yourself blessed and lucky to have seen it ahead of time!

: )

Susan

• AuSet
    AuSet

Kat, This dream is indicative of how much progress you have already made in cleaning out all the mental junk the WT has left in your head. I too have had many dreams similar to this one, but in them all I was certain I was going to be destroyed with the rest of the nonJWs. Your dream is very different in this; it is an Armaggedon dream, but minus the terror and destruction, and minus the fear or certainty that you will die. Because you live through this dream, its an affirmation that you ARE indeed right for leaving the JWs...in other words, you inner self seems at peace with your decision and you have managed to get around everything you have been taught prior to this!
    Good Luck to you on your Journey!
    AuSet

• Kat_
    Kat_

Hello and thanks for the replies!

When I posted this I was still feeling pretty nervous about the whole episode because it's so unlike me to have these kind of dreams. I was starting to read too much into it, wondering if I was wrong in rejecting the JW's, etc, because of the thoughts at the end of the dream.

But I have a different, much better perspective. You are right! This could've been just a cleansing thing...basically my subconscious telling me to calm the heck down and relax, that I am on the right track. So this was just a minor thing that I shouldn't read into. Good, makes things easier.

Or maybe bboy is right, I should just commit myself and be done with it.

Either way, thanks for the insight. I needed it!

Kat

• Tina
    Tina

Hi kat!!
    Oftentimes,dreams are simply the product of emotional overload.
    The brain is truly marvelous!

During REM sleep there is heavy regional brain activity. similar to that which occurs during waking.
    A host of neurons operating on 'automatic pilot' create imagery: they're just less constrained in the absence of sensory input,and they feed you fantastic images and stories as they work to make sense of and store the prior day's events.
    So going thru emotional upheavals,traumas,events,the overload comes out thru the dream state.
    Hope this made sense lol. Wishing you strength and love sweetie! Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit