Did you ever write an excuse on the back of your service report?

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When I joined the JW's, I remember an elder stating that when you do less than the average number of hours in your month, mark the reason why in the back of the service report sheet that you give at the end of each month.

Did anybody else receive these instructions way back in the late 80's?

• JH
    JH

That's like if you give someone a gift, and the month after you don't give a gift, and the person asks you to tell him why you didn't give him a gift that month !!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...only as a Pioneer, when they did away with special reporting slips for Pioneers.

That would be most months - LOL.

• JH
    JH

Yeah, if I remember well, I was a aux. pioneer a few months a year. It must have been for that.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

I remember the one time I aux pioneered. I only got 57 hours. The elder I was giving it to told me to just write down 60.

• crazycate
    crazycate

Yes, back when I was a regular pioneer.

Cate

• Genesis
    Genesis

One time I wrote, "Sickness" for my lack of hours as an auxialiary pioneers and that was true. But I remember one month I was pioneering at the half of the month I had still 30 hours to do and I went at school on weekdays and working on weekends. In those days (2 years ago lol) there was an unwritten principle that stated that you could do Phone preaching by calculating your time by doing 1 call at each 15 minutes.

I thought if 30 hours remains and I do them by phone it would be 120 phone calls. So I took the phone and in one afternoon I made those calls (almost everybody were away) and therefore completed my month.

Im proud of me hehe.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Never had to. I was very "creative" in counting my hours. Witnessing to my pets, making a burp sound like Jehovah's name at McDonald's... I made sure I got my time.

• juni
    juni

We were given the same instructions when we were pioneering. I didn't follow it because I thought it was none of their business. The elder would approach me and I'd tell him (I don't know why I did that). I guess I was still under their thumb and didn't want to rock the boat.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i write down "Praise Allah"

or "Bite Me B"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit