what are the necessary/more important things?

by sowhatnow 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I always wondered what exactly they were. now i cant find the right scripture, but its not those spoken of in acts

15 vs 29, maybe it was the more important things?

maybe its a new world translation thing, oh well, cant delete my post.

[and trying to get something past all the 'post spam,' lol ]

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Would you like to enlarge on that?
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    lol, trying
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

(Philippians 1:10) . . .that YOU may make sure of the more important things, so that YOU may be flawless and not be stumbling others up to the day of Christ,

?????

Cross-refenced with -

(Romans 12:2) And quit being fashioned after this system of things, but be transformed by making YOUR mind over, that YOU may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

(Ephesians 5:10) Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the Lord;

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

The Bible says:

"What is truth?...let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die...[and] physical training is beneficial for... all things." - John 18:38; 1 Cor 15:32; 1 Tim 4:8.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

ill go with those searcher, lol, so yes,now comparing that one in Philippians with a real bible, the new world has skewed the scripture meaning.

a 'regular' bible, [niv]

10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,

and [esv]

10 so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,

and so, now its a question of what things , that they themselves, the cong at phillipi, knows what to approves of that are excellent...

im wondering still what those things excellent, best things are.

• millie210
    millie210

where does it say that there remain these three: faith hope and love but the greatest of these is love?

Found it:

New International Version
    And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Cor. 13:13

So, would these three be some of the more important things?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

(1 Corinthians 12:31) "And yet I show YOU a surpassing way." (how a person gives evidence of being a Christian - despite not being endowed with a spiritual gift! 1 Cor. chapters 12 & 13)

Dovetails with Jesus' description of genuine Christians, at John 13:35.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

John_Mann shows how WTS does it. Cherry pick the parts of whatever verses you like. Add a few...... And hey presto this is the solemn word of god. Lol.

• a watcher
    a watcher

The most important thing is to have a personal relationship, dedication, and commitment to Jehovah. Without that, nothing else matters.

Jesus said: "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart..." (Matt 22:37)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit