Judgement Day

by LaCatolica 10 Replies latest jw friends

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

*It is believed that everyone will get judged on Judgement Day...not as a group, but individually.

....then....

Why are JWs so freakin' concerned with what any one person does with their lives? Why do they care if one of its members "smells the coffee" and thinks for themselves? Or, God forbid, does something "worldly"? Why don't they just let everyone make their choices and go their own path?

Even if the person leads a "squeeky clean" life on the outside; witnesses, attends meetings, field service, etc...but in their hearts is a ROTTEN PERSON WHO WISHES HORRIBLE THINGS ON PEOPLE...then he/she will get judged based on that. Right?

So, the shunning, disfellowshipping, et. al...are just ridiculous! We were all given free will, you should do what you will with your life, good or bad. God is the only judge, not a group of elders! Why try to make everyone fit into a cookie cutter persona, if it is not what is right in their hearts?

Gosh, I hope I'm making sense! What do you all think?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

LaCatolica

Dubs believe "judgement day" is 1000 literal years. I'm sure Blondie can expound.

Dismembered

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

LaCatholica,

You make great sense. they use the disfellowshipping as a fear thing to keep people in their religion. Only God will judge and he judges us based on how much knowledge we have. If he judged people who never heard of him or his son (as most in the world are not Christian), or people who cannot follow the bible commands due to any number of reasons, therefore they are not fully dedicated to him, what kind of God will he be?

Gods plan is to use the coming kingdom to teach all nations how to live in peace. Only after he removes all the obstacles that keep people from serving him, will he then judge us as individuals only, not as a group. The total annihilation theory of the Witnesses is taught by stringing together many scriptures that do not belong together. The WT does this a lot. It is the social order, and religious organizations that will be broken down not all the people in them killed. This is a figment of the WT's imagination and quite frankly was never taught by the first president Russell. You may be surprised to know Russell did not feel the WT was God's only Org. on the earth.

Anyway, nice post.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

This is one things that always bothers me and I often tell my family about it - that to be told what my christian conscience should be by someone else (the governing body, elders etc) is trying to take on their conscience not training my own, and will I be able to say on judgement day 'oh these people said what to do' , no i'll be looking round and realising there is no one behind me to back me up, its me thats being judged not me and all the witnesses together. If you believe in judgement day that is!

CS 101

• Honesty
    Honesty

Dubs believe that when you die your soul dies with you and then Jehovah will wake up your soul and put your thoughts and emotions back in a body that is not really you and then you can become a JW again or if you are worthy of a resurrection and didn't reject the WATCHTOWER™ too many times when its book peddlers rang your doorbell then you get to become a JW. Then you get to play with the pretty animals for 1,000 years and are judged on how you act because you are going to be perfect after 1,000 years and then Satan is going to test you again. So, if you are a JW now, Satan is going to have 2 shots at getting you to follow him. But... if you aren't a JW now you can live and die and Satan only gets one chance at getting you to follow him because you never did get tested by him until you are resurrected. If you once were a JW and decided the doctrines are full of holes then you ain't getting resurrected so Satan can test you 2 times because you already flunked the course and you don't get any second chances. I still don't get where Jesus is in the whole picture. I mean, if you are raised to perfection and pass the final test by Satan you don't need His blood to cover your sins. If you reject the WATCHTOWER™ you have rejected Him,too and His blood can't cover our sins. If you are a JW and faithful to the WATCHTOWER™ Jehovah then you get a ticket into Paradise so you don't need His blood, either. I am getting a headache now and have to stop before I get more confused than I already am by trying to decipher what the WATCHTOWER™ is trying to say. But before I go there is one scripture that I would like to leave with to think about.

And just as it is appointed for people to die once—and after this, judgment— so also the Messiah , having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. Heb 9:27-28

Someone correct me if I misinterpreted what I think the WACKTOWER has been publishing about this subject.

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

Thanks, lovelil...you're a great source of information...I appreciate you!

My mother-in-law was talking to me about how her son stopped serving Jehovah and being a witness. She told me that it was hard for her. My husband tells me that at first, she made his life a living hell by trying to make him out to be this monster and even forbidding him to touch his niece "because he might molest her"...what a rotten accusation to your own son! Anyway, he told me of how much he suffered when his mother shut him out of her life b/c he "loves her so much". Well, I guess that as time went on she began to accept the fact that her son will not go back to being a witness. She then realized that "when judgement day came along, he will be judged by himself based on his actions and that she won't be there to save him or help him" LOL. To which I responded, "then why are you so concerned, just let him be"...she agreed. Then she expressed to me how she raised him "right" and how he would be a much better husband if he were still a JW. LOL...I told her that he is a great husband no matter what. Then I thought, 'if he were still a JW, I WOULDN'T BE HIS WIFE' The whole Catholic/JW marriage would have NEVER happened.

Ahh, the more I talk to that lady the more I feel sorry for her. I'm glad she has gotten better and has stopped thinking the way she did...I think having me in the family has helped her out considerably.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Dear Honesty

You're 100% on the $$$$$$$ You couldn't have explained the fairy tale better.

Dismembered

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thanks Dismembered. I thought I still remembered the WACKTOWER Gospel.

All that running around in circles got me dizzy but at least the headache is beginning to subside.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hey...good thoughts

I'm thinking, there is an 'hour of judgement' and then the thousand year reign.. I'm wondering if the thousand years could be symbolic? What do you think, friends..?

God is the only judge, not a group of elders!

The elders really do act as the judges..wow. What a joke..but a very sad joke.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

LaCatolica,

you can see how the reasoning of the witnesses is just so crazy. As a catholic (when I was younger) I had much more ability to make up my own mind about things. As a witness, you are under extreme pressure to do what the WT says, And the shunning and disfellowshipping is just a means to control people. Once you are in, the WT makes it almost impossible for you to get out with your family and dignity in tacted. I hope they realize, God is going to judge each one of them too. And the whole thing about turning mothers even against their own flesh was always very distrubing to me.

One thing I remembered from being a catholic is how very rare it was or still is to hear of someone being excommunicated. But in the witnesses, very common which shows they are interested in getting dissenters OUT as FAST as they can so as not to sway others. I tell everyone that as a Catholic, I had much more freedom than as a witness. And that is true. Although I am not either one because I am enjoying being a free agent. But the WT has a lot of nerve to say everyone besides themselves were chosen by God.

One thing the elders used to say is just because we see people doing bad things in the JWs, does not mean they are not approved by God. Men are just imperfect so they will make mistakes. Then, they would go on and completely bash everyone in other religions for all their mistakes. HELLO! Doesn't that line of reasoning go both ways? Anyway, have a good day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit