I Saw David Blaine Today

by DevonMcBride 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

David Blaine is that creepy illusionist who is in a tank until his show tomorrow night. Today we were in NYC and drove by the Lincoln Center where his tank is out in front. We quickly drove by but he was very visible and waving to the people standing around.

• KW13
    KW13

haha, damn.

alt

That was the google advert i saw on this page lol.

• delilah
    delilah

I think he's really strange too, but I saw that show where he "supposedly" made those people levitate. Thing is, the camera never really showed their feet off the ground, but only showed the bystander's stunned reactions. Therefore, I'm left believing that he is yet another fake, in a very long line of them.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Therefore, I'm left believing that he is yet another fake, in a very long line of them.
    He's not a fake, he's an illusionist, and a damn good one.

• Mary
    Mary

He's not a fake, he's an illusionist.

You mean like the Governing Body?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Therefore, I'm left believing that he is yet another fake, in a very long line of them.

All illusionists are fakes. What makes a *talented* illusionist impressive is his/her ability to make the fake illusion look real.

Its all BS... but a few can make BS look very impressive.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Depends what you mean by fake, LOL

Like someone who COULD telekinetically move 80kgs would make money with a TV show... so he is a fake telekinetic

However, someone who is a good enough illusionist to make viewers think he is levitating is not a fake illusionist.

Five minutes of Googling and you'll find explanations of most of his street magic; old routines with new life breathed into them, with Occam's Razor (it's a set-up) being the better explanation than 'magic'. The car in the window trick is a set-up and card-sharp/slight-of-hand routine, the 'fly back to life' routine requires a pre-chilled fly (which will appear dead) and an eye on a clock (they warm-up and fly off within ten minutes).

The levitation trick is all about sight lines...

• simplesally
    simplesally

I don't waste my time watching him on tv ..... he is creepy and I think his stunts are stupid. I could care less about him spending days underwater in the middle of a plaza.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I don't think Blains is a fake because he does not claim paranormal power. He is an illusionist and entertainer.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

There are gates around his contraption, correct? I was going to drive over this afternoon since I'm off, but felt it a waste if I couldn't get upclose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit