The U.S. now has over 1,000,000 average publishers - Why?

by truthseeker 29 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Strange increase in U.S. publishers

Over the last few months there has been an unusual increase in publishers in the United States, but baptisms have been falling.

When baptism rates are compared to the 2004/05 service year, only 4 out of the six months shown are higher than 2005/06 service year.

The increase last year in the United States was 0%. I find it odd that the average number of publishers has jumped from 991,000 to 1,000,060 - an increase of 0.86% or 1% when rounded.

Below are the most recent figures for the 2005/06 service year.

Sep 2005: 1,001,583 Baptised 1,612 Sep 2004 Baptised: 1,791

Oct 2005: 997,714 Baptised 2,152 Oct 2004 Baptised: 2,680

Nov 2005: 989,543 Baptised 2,683 Nov 2004 Baptised: 2,331

Dec 2005: 1,008,905 Baptised 1,635 Dec 2004 Baptised: 1,923

Jan 2006: 1,001,150 Baptised 1,534 Jan 2005 Baptised: 1,419

Feb 2006: 1,001,469 Baptised 1,109 Feb 2005 Baptised: 1,441

The number of baptisms in the U.S. continues to fall.

The first six months of the 2004/05 service year, shown above, record a total of 11,585 baptisms.

The first six months of the 2005/06 service year record a total of 10,725 baptisms - a decrease of 860.

I find it odd that the U.S. now has an average of a million publishers for the first time in its history, yet the number
    of baptisms is going down. Where are they getting these figures from? Are they counting multiple reports from the victims
    of hurricane Katrina?

Your comments please.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Maybe they are massaging the figures Or people are taking longer to get baptised.

• luna2
    luna2

Yes, I was thinking loads of unbaptised publishers or something.

All the time they spend counting stuff up and filling in reports...the WTS figures never really add up properly anyhow. We certainly know how the preaching hours/mag placement figures are fudged. What is the point?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I could be a whole number of differant things. First thing I though of was "memorial season", but there are no real hard fast rules we can apply here. I do know that since the membership is shrinking they are coming up with new ways to "count" publishers, including letting old people report 15 minutes of service. I'm sure this trend will continue.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm sure this has postulated before, but, as numbers start decreasing and if they ever reach a point where they can't pad them to make them look better any more, might that finally cause them to stop counting? Hmmmmm.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

There are 310,000,000+ people in the USA. One Million represents less than .3% which is just more proff that the JWs are an insignificant fringe cult.

To give you an idea of how few there are in relation to general population, their numbers represent almost the same number of people who die each year in the US due to tobacco usage. Sure it's a tragedy, but the US as a whole is not affected one ioata. The Dubz even less.

The WT is going heavy at the spanish population, opening new Halls and congregations trying to pump up numbers amongst this usually under educated lower income bracket. THere are at least 5 in an hour radius of me and I live in a small city. By bumping numbers in this group, the Dubz are further alienating themselves with mainstream USA. They will get the same reputation for unusual religious practices as the black Baptist churches.

I wouldn't be tooo worried about an >1% increase either since the general population increases at about 4-5% annualy. This suggests that despite their best efforts they are LOSING ground rather than gaining even though they are making it easier than ever to be a Dub.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

dont believe any statistics you haven't falsiefied yourself. Sir Winston Churchill

The decline is clear like cristal water. and when we subtrahate the 15 minute publishers - those who are old and sick - we have much more less publishers.

it seems that their amount evaporates like in a big heat.

Nobody prayes: give us more faith.

They only live their double life and think: dont disturb my circles.

The "base" - queda - has acknowleged that the western powers and the UN are keeping war against the "green" religion.

the big shadow has encouraged the coalition to withdraw from Iraq and Afganistan. that was in January.

nothing happend.

Dont ask me what the near future brings. It will be that the trial starts first at HIS house. open ears and eyes people.

the tower sowed spiritual fornication as ngo and in the alliances of the sects ( CESNUR and Firephim)

They will reap their harvest, as they are not better than the 10 tribes were, or Judah in the times of Jeremia or Judah in the times of the apostles.

the men in the ivory places always lost the soil under their feet.

cest la vie - and away with the shekinah light.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

truthseeker,

There's nothing strange about it. What you have proved is that there is a decrease in the rate of increase. But there is still an increase, however small. As long as they are keeping more than they are losing, they can post increases. We're obviously getting pretty close to rounding the top of that curve, though.

SNG

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Could be more people coming back to the "truth", maybe that explains the increase.

• JH
    JH

Maybe many inactive people came back

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit