My Wife.... Ughh

by roflcopter 15 Replies latest jw friends

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

I don't know how many times I have shown my wife from the societies own literature the fallacies of the past but it still doesn't convince her. Just just shrugs it off and says "at least they were humble enough to admit they are wrong."

It blows me away cuz I reason and say "what if they are wrong now, if we questioned it we would be expelled.."

I just wish my wife was on the same page with me, its really hard being in a "devided" household. I hope someday she will wake up and smell the bullshit.

• luna2
    luna2

Poor roflcopter, its got to be difficult but try to be patient. Yeah, sometimes when you are surrounded by garbage you get so used to the smell that you don't notice it until you get a breath of fresh air and suddenly realize that something reeks.

• blondie
    blondie

Sometimes the only thing that convinces some people is to see something very unloving done by an elder or elder body to someone they care about or to them personally and then the elders don't apologize for it or even acknowledge they did anything. Then if your wife tries to pursue it, they turn on her and dirty her reputation in the congregation.

If it doesn't hurt her, she may not care, ever.

Blondie

• Balsam
    Balsam

Yep bad experiences in the congregations is what wakes JW's up quicker than anything. Just pray something really bad happens that leaves her asking how this could be?

Balsam

• vitty
    vitty

Instead of trying to convince here about what you think,,,,,,,,find out her weakness,,,,,,i know that sound bad but what i mean is what does SHE have doubts on, lack of love, the service, meetings..............if someone had said to me about 607, I just wouldnt have been interested

Dont go on the attack.....

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

What got my wife was the lack of love!

I had faded for several years and tried to show her many things here and from the literature and the bible! Didn't matter! We finally agreed not to discuss religion at all. With the big issue 'buried' we fought about everything else! Money, politics, what was on TV friends family what to do on the weekend work career school you name it! The fights the arguments the knock down drag outs! We had printed up divorce papers off the internet more than once it was a huge scene every other day!

In the middle of all that we both lost our jobs! I was injured and after surgery was unable to return to work she was very sick and had used up all of her FMLA time with the babies so she missed ONE DAY in a six month period and was fired (bellsouth SUUUCKs!) so more stress on top of everything else! During all this my 'faithful JW sister in law' had been providing day care. We had been paying her of course and paying her pretty damn good 200+ per week! It worked well because my wife could get off work pick up the kids and go straight to the meeting! Well she decided she couldn't watch the kids anymore she was going to pioneer and couldn't do it! My mom couldn't help either just to much trouble to drive 10 minutes out of her way to get the kids on meeting night!

So 'Anneshirley' began missing more and more meetings. No elders came to call no one came to help. When she did make a meeting it was just why aren't you doing more why aren't you here why isn't mark here... Before long she realized this isn't gods organization then she began to look at things! Now she's out!

Keep your chin up!

• parlay
    parlay

Sometimes using the take away approach works. Sometimes the more aggressively we offer someone something,

the more inclined they are to refuse. Whereas when we no longer offer it, thereby taking it away from them, they may start

to desire what we use to offer to them. An indication is when they initiate the conversation.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

You have to keep moving foward, its the only way to make progress. I've made this comment before, but I'll say it again. You have to be able to show that JWs are wrong STRAIGHT FROM THE BIBLE. It seems that when I use scriptures, my wife is able to see the paper thin reasonings that the WTS uses. If we get into something that is not directly associated with scripture all kinds of absurd reasonings fly around. My best suggestion is going through the chapters of Ray Franz books or some of the articles available on ex-jw websites, make some outlines, study them, and then have a family bible study that is open for discussion. When it comes time for your opinion, go scripture by scripture, point by point as to what you believe.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

You have to keep moving foward, its the only way to make progress. I've made this comment before, but I'll say it again. You have to be able to show that JWs are wrong STRAIGHT FROM THE BIBLE. It seems that when I use scriptures, my wife is able to see the paper thin reasonings that the WTS uses. If we get into something that is not directly associated with scripture all kinds of absurd reasonings fly around. My best suggestion is going through the chapters of Ray Franz books or some of the articles available on ex-jw websites, make some outlines, study them, and then have a family bible study that is open for discussion. When it comes time for your opinion, go scripture by scripture, point by point as to what you believe.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Getting really mad is what got my blood boiling enough to see if there were other people as angry as I was about the policies and teachings of the WT. Now because of the Internet, there are myriads of us which no one is able to number!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit