hi aLL

by cyrus 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyrus
    cyrus

Hi everyone ,thought it was about time i intro,d myself !!!

Ive been reading posts here for about 2 half years. Thanks everyone...

Let me tell you my story ..............here goes. My parents started studying when i was about 5 or 6 yo so about 1972 the end was nigh my dad is a highly intelligent man but fell for the 1975 thing or like many was just hedging his bets. we went to meetings my mum never fell for it all but was easily led (by dad) dont remember much about the early years of my life but even before witnesses dont remember celeb bdays or crimbo just think my dad was tight as knats arse ha ha .I do remember not being allowed to go to school assemblies harvest festivals or anything normal in school life and the daily beatings from kids at school because my sis and bro were different.We were told to turn other cheek and jah would be proud of it.never forgot the only other witness girl inschool going to crimbo patries when me and mine werent allowed she just so happened to be daughter of an elder po suprise suprise.the beatings continued until at eleven id had enough and smack the kid who had beaten me the most since 7 or 8 by the way way he cried like a little girl to teacher and i was punished ass holes

My sister and younger brother continued to observe the elders kids going to dicos and clubs while we could do nothing like that .At this time my dad was going out getting bladdered and driving his car (nearly killed himself three times)and that didnt stop him .He was now an MS woo hoo what a wonderful speaker and out in the ministry wow my mum didnt really care for all this she new the real man she was married to.

My sister and i used to sit in our rooms discussing how soon they would split and they did but not before being evicted from our house\ and being put in a halfway house for a while.My mum started smoking cigs again and of course was dfed although my dad was a drunken womaniser who had even cheated on my mum while she was in hosp giving birth to my youngest sis what a cxxt .

Now just to digress i was doing well giving talks and such always doing my best but one night i lost any lingering respect i had for my father .At 13 i think my mum woke me up in middle of the night telling me dad had been arrested in possesion of a stolen car tax disc my mum told me when the police arrived i should tell them i had found it and i had put in in car front screen. this i did tearfully i never looked at them in the same way again as we had always been told lying was wrong .my parents split not long after and dad left .mum became friendly with a single dad who we had met at halfway house and we had helped get apt downstairs .Now this man was a heroin addict my mum thought she could help him kick habit in reality she started smoking it too. Now at sixteen i left school and got a job in construction one night coming home my mums friend called to me from accross st telling me she had some bad news .The house and been raided by police and they had been arrested and i was was on my own .My older sis was living with her bf and my two bros and younger sister were with my dad.

Now funnily enough you would thing i would go totally off the rails !!! no i went to housing dept and told them that when my mother got out of prison we would need somewere new to live away from bad mems ( she got six months for dealing and posses of class a narcotics .we got given a lovely house and when she got out of prison we moved in 3 months later her man got out and she let the wanker move in .i promptly left home .My mum and her fella were on methodone now

Just so u know although i had nothing wrong not one witness i had known had offered any help whatsoever and even at a young age i had serious doubts about them anyway the hypocrisy was limitless.still ib did have some gd memories probably cos home life was shit .

At 17 i met a lifelong friend who it the most loyal friend i have had before or since and yes he is worldly i love him dearly closer than my own bros .Wed\had so much fun going to parties picking up girls dancing and so on .we also got involved in the rave scene taking extcasy and other drugs .It was fun and something i noticed was how friendly people were like when we were witnesses.OH NO yes i got a job working in a liquer store an a little while later met some witnesses and started studying it was like i had gone home .progressed well giving talks and doorknocking 2 months later baptized six months later met a sister and got close.. we got too close and she was feeling guilty and said we should marry .Now i didnt love her really but figured it was right thing to do and would fall in love with her eventually.we got married ( she had two kids already and had been married and divorced twice before)now i did my best with the two boys tried to be friend studied with them but got no support when it came to discipline basicly they were a pair of wooses but the eldest one had a little fling with next door neighbor(also a witness )i spotted what was happening and told my wife she said i was making it up .

The sisterv was reproved and we kicked the boy out We then moved house and cong and things went down hill from there.the youngest boy played up when we had family study and my wife did nothing to support me i lost any motivation to study with them.

I was also starting to question certain things i was observing with the ((((truth))))) like the attention to hours but being told as long as we do our best is all that matters to jah but seeing the bros with jobs allowing them to do more ours were\getting made ms also the money begging announcements at assemblies to encourage cheerful giving .(every assemblies).also the scriptures in wt articles that did nothing to support what the sentence said or were utterly irrelevnt the utter lack of love in cong.my worldly freind was still my best friend and yet he had moved to spain with his wife .i shouldnt be having anything to do with him and making friends in the truth .Then the peodophile situation made me really start to question the gb as the faithful slave . i then at the suggestion of my wife went abroad to work and while there we split .while there i started looking on internet and stes like this were just supporting my doubts.i am now happier than ive been for years free of the jws out of a loveless marriage and making new friends.

That is just a condensed verstion of my life ive done loads including joining army 3 years great time visited some lovely countries inc turkey (visited ephesus smryna sardis loadacia pergamum miletos )spain and usa (inc arizona meteor crater ,grand canyon.monument valley,tombstone and las vegas nevada.When with military went to calif rock climbing in yosemite drinking with clint eastwood in carmel qand visited san fran cisco .

I hope i havent bored you to much thanks for reading ttfn

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Welcome. For someone who is not quite 40, you have had a life!

• lilybird
    lilybird

hi all.. thanks for sharing your story .. welcome to the forum and glad to hear you are enjoying a great life out the JW society..

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi cyrus,

I'm glad you introduced yourself! You've gotten around, haven't you. I agree with looking glass - what a life !

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hello Cyrus,

Welcome to the board. Nothing boring about your life! But a little too fast for me.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Welcome to the board!

• cyrus
    cyrus

hi what was too fas tmy life or the jackanory of it (sorry in uk when iwas a kid there was a tv prog were they used to read a story from a kids book prog called jackanory .Yes i have seen and done a lot in my years most people think i look 10 y younger than i am go figure ha ha

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I hope i havent bored you to much thanks for reading ttfn

uhhhh, I don't think that would be possible with the life you've experienced so far..... thanks for sharing (I'm exhausted just reading it...hehe)

btw.... a Big WELCOME !!! Glad you can join us.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome! Don't worry about long posts. Some will read, some will scan, some will ignore. Just make sure you don't accidentally sit on the snakes that slither through occasionally, if you leave them alone they will leave you alone...I don't take my own advice.

Whatever you post expect some to agree, some to damn you to eternal torments (though we don't have much of that), some to question your motives, some to give you respect, and some to take out their bad day on you.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• cyrus
    cyrus

I RESPECT EVERYONE ,BUT FEAR NOONE i dont want yes men and will never be one. I want to learn and to teach .i want to be a friend and confidante to all thanks to all for your comments .I hope to tell more of my life soon oh no ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit