Thursday marks the 20th anniversary of JW murders from my old congregation, first time interview with Freeman brothers.

by moomanchu 7 Replies latest social current

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

One of the most shocking crimes in the Lehigh Valley's history.
    Read more from WFMZ.com at: http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/conversation-with-convicted-killer-bryan-freeman/31472504
    Connect with us... Facebook/69WFMZ or @69News

WFMZ channel 69 is doing several interviews with killers and other stuff through out this week..

Here is the first interview http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/conversation-with-convicted-killer-bryan-freeman/31472504

I remember sitting behind the family at the meeting just days before they were killed.

It was also weird that their house was only a block or two from the Allentown South, Kingdom Hall.

Can't believe this was 20 years ago.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Just WOW do you know how the JW's in the area took this? This the first time I hear about this terrible crime

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

suavojr,

There was an understandable shock and somber mood in the hall.

One thing that made me raise an eyebrow was

the announcements in the meeting to not talk to the media.

• suavojr
    suavojr
    To not talk to the media... really? so instead of condemning such a vile act and show love, they were too busy saving face.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    I'm long gone but during that time I went to Quakertown Cong, not far away. I remember when all of that happened, I was a kid.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    O and I forgot, my Dad was the visiting speaker who had a talk at their KH the very next Sunday. That was interesting.
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    Wow, I don't remember this story. So sad.
  • moomanchu
    moomanchu

Bryan went back to being a JW......... seriously??

2nd installment in the series today:

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-berks/oneonone-with-convicted-killer-bryan-freeman/31480030

Jaccii: "You grow up in a Jehovah's Witness home, and then you end up being a neo-Nazi. How did that happen?"

Bryan: "I guess it was more circumstances than anything else at the time. I had rejected my parents' beliefs and was trying to find something I could identify with."

Jaccii: "Do you still identify with all of the neo-Nazi movement?"

Bryan: "No. I had to move on."

Bryan said his grandfather visited him in prison often over the years and helped him return to the Jehovah's Witness faith.

He knew he'd eventually have to face the rest of his family.

"Basically, I just apologized for everything that happened and I just told them I had wished that I had found a better way and that things would be different, and that I was going to make every effort to try to be a better person," Bryan said.

Bryan's family did forgive him and visits him regularly, but he has no contact with his aunt, Valerie Freeman, who found the bodies of his parents and little brother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit