What is/are the Main Study Books for those Interested in Becoming J-Dubs?

by XJW4EVR 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I am preparing a paper on J-Dubs, and I need to know if the Live Forever Book & the United in Worship book are still required to be studied before a person can get baptized?

Thanks for your help.

• Dune
    Dune

Whoa man, you must've been out for a while.

After those two, the book of choice became the "Knowledge that leads to everlasting life"

Then it was the "what does god require of us?" brochure.

Now, the campaign is for the "what does the bible really teach?" book.

• pistchio
    pistchio

No, no

it's: brochure first, knowledge book second, and the what does the bible teach bullshit is for the book study right now

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi pistchio, welcome to the forum!

• pistchio
    pistchio

thanks!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

2001-2004:

Require Brochure

Then Knowledge

That was all that was required. Since I wasn't "ready" for baptism after finishing those the summer of '04, I started having my study from the Insight on the Scriptures (green WT encylopedias). That's about the time I quit. Was studying 1914 and 607 BC.

• learntoswim
    learntoswim
    brochure first, knowledge book second, and the what does the bible teach bullshit is for the book study right now

no, i'm pretty sure that if you start a bible study with someone you just do the bible teach book.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yes, I have been out since 1991, and never really stayed up to date. Now I have to write a paper on JWs and I need to know what's what.

Are these books & brochures in the WT CD-ROM that is mirrored on the current Quotes site?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    WT CD-ROM

Sorry, I don't know.

This seemed to always be the untouchable golden ticket. The only cd I was ever able to have was 1999's WT library.

• travisbickle
    travisbickle

Are you guys wanting to get baptized??? What's with the questions about what books need to be studied? Smoke some weed, drink some wine and go hang out in a Waffle House all night for one night. Enlightenment is there to be had...beyond the Scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit