Hello All, I am new to this forum.

by Cassiline 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Hello Everyone,
    I am new this site and would like to introduce myself. I am 36 years old/young, female and live in the USA. I drifted from the Jw's in 1990. I have only recently started to research the JW way because I was afraid to second guess what I was taught for 26 years. I have feeling of guilt and wish to rid myself of those horrible fears associated with the "truth". Any and all help and or expierences would be kindly embraced. Thank you for your time and help in advance.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Hello Cassiline, and welcome to the forum.

Guilt and thought control is one of the primary ways the WTS uses to keep members in check. You have taken the first step in ridding yourself of that guilt by researching the facts from outside sources. You will need to decide if the "TRUTH" is indeed the "TRUTH". No one can make that determination for you.

If you find the time, go to the personal experiences forum, and check out some of the life stories posted by some of the members here on the board. I am sure that you will be enlightened.
    Your participation, as well as your experiences are most welcome here. You will find open-minded, albeit diverse persons and personalities. Sometimes folks truly bump heads here, but most mean well. You will find comedy, dramedy (LOL), and sometimes outright goofyness, but most importantly, you will find lots of caring as you seek answers to important questions about the WTS, its doctrines, and history.

Once again, wecome, and enjoy your participation here.

Boozy

p.s. I almost forgot-you will also find freedom to express yourself w/o fear of repurcussions by the thought police of thw WTS.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Cassiline,

Welcome to this happy meeting place. We're glad you came and hope you make yourself at homr real quick.

Suggest you take a look at the Freeminds site for plenty of reading material and experiences. URL is http://www.freeminds.org/

Hope to hear from ya soon.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Cassilline, I forgot to mention-among the diversitie you will find here is that of beliefs. There are ex-JWs, loyal JW Defenders, athiests, agnostics, those with eastern beliefs, Mormon, etc. But one thing is for sure-all think and express themselves freely. Even the Loyalists think freely, because, as you well know, the Society has warned against visiting internet sites like this one and associating with ones it calls apostates. Dont let that term scare you-it is so misused in WTS lingo, that I doubt most JWs know the true meaning of the word.

You go on being like the Boreans, nd see for yourself if the things you have been taught are indeed true.

Also, I like your signature at the end of your post. With a motto lik that, you will do just fine.

Boozy

• Quester
    Quester

Hello Cassiline.

I have often said that when the pain of staying became
    greater than the pain of leaving I exited the jw religion.

That is similar to your quote.

Wishing you healing and growth.

Welcome.
    Quester

• dmouse
    dmouse

Hi! Welcome to this board. It's a great place to hang out if you REALLY want to know what's happening in the JW world.

One piece of advice, which I think others might do well to heed:

Don't take other posters, or yourself, too seriously when here.

Once again, welcome and enjoy.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hello to you, Cassiline

Welcome to the board. If you are just starting your research re the JW's, do take Ozziepost's suggestion and checkout the Freemind's site - terrific information there. You will find much enlightenment here, also. Along with caring and support.

Feel free to 'jump right in' and to ask any questions you are having. We will do our best to answer.

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Cassaline

Welcome to this board. I am a 38 year young female who was raised a Witness and only left 3 years ago. My story is posted in the personal experiences forum. The guilt and confusion after leaving are almost as debilitating as practicing the religion! Reading this and other boards really helped me sort out my thoughts, and "grow" out of that terrible limbo that seems to engulf our spirits when we leave.

I hope you too find it helpful to share your experience with others and argue and debate and speak freely about what you REALLY think. It is a glorious thing to free your mind. Please do not be easily offended, we have all suffered losses leaving the borg, and sometimes our pain cries out for recognition.

I look forward to hearing more from you. Welcome again!

think41self

"Not believing is not the same as not knowing." Abdullah

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

gday Cass,

if you would like a free home bible study, in your
    case i gues a "love study" feel free to contact me
    or the nearest branch office of the Christian Congergation
    of Jehovahs Witnesses. We look forward to your increase
    in Jehovahs service.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Cassaline ,

I too want to welcome you to the board. Think41self said pretty much what I was going to!

And I absolutely love your quote...as someone said above, with an attitude like that, you'll do great!

Look forward to hearing more about you,

Dana

"I undid his head collar and took him outside for a drink, and felt, if not exactly a communion with him, at least an awareness of being a fellow creature on a lonely planet."

Dick Francis in "To The Hilt"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit