Whatever became of Rose Ball?

by moomanchu 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

right Nathan,

that was the info I got from Visions. Does anyone know anything more and actually i have never seen any corroboration of BGH respecting this info. I think she, Hassan, is a much more interesting figure than Rose Ball.

-Eduardo

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Did either of these women have children?

It would be great if there were people alive who could

give testimony to the different allegations made about CTR.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    It would be great if there were people alive who could give testimony to the different allegations made about CTR.

Yeah, but unfortunately...billions then living are now dead.

AuldSoul

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I checked my databases and I'm surprised to find nothing about this person. There was a Sophie Hassan (of Turkish nativity) who lived in New York City in 1920, and her family immigrated to the US in 1909, but considering that she was born in 1908, she obviously could not have been the person in question, unless Harrison heard stories concerning Hassan and Rutherford and erroneously made them concern Russell. Her father David/Davis Jake Hassan (born on 10 March 1884 in Turkey) and mother Esther Hassan lived on 104 Allen Street in Brooklyn, New York, in 1918. On the other hand, I found another David Hassan (born on 8 August 1879) living in Brooklyn in 1918, and there were many other Hassans as well....just no other Sophie that I can find....

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Actually the answer about more info about Sophie Hassan might be found in diligent search of records of the Kings County Assylum

http://www.lioddities.com/Asylums/Kings_Park/history.htm

If anyone in NY could do this and find a record of her admittance and discharge or whether she was discharged at all that would be a nice find.

Census and marital records in the area might reveal something too.

-Eduardo

PS: It was probably constructed in the 1890s as some of the older buildings are listed from that period. No wards are listed from that period which suggests that the original ward may have been torn down. Or maybe as you suggest, Harrison got it wrong and the period is really during the early Rutherford period but the situation seems more like something that would happen to Russell.

Here is a better article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_Park_Psychiatric_Center PPS: the name change from Kings County Asylum as referred to by Harrison to King Park State Hospital in 1895 when the state took over suggests that this affair with Sophie Hassan occurred prior to 1895 and thus does place it squarely in Russell's period and would seem to fit very well the culture of that time and with the young Russell's appeal to such groupies.

• Samuel Krolak FBS
    Samuel Krolak FBS

@Oroborus21

VI The Corporation is to be managed by a Board of Directors consisting of seven members, and the names and residences of those already chosen directors are (we given names of the present board and officers) as follows: -Charles T Russell, President, W C McMillan, Henry Weber, Vice President, J B Adamson, Maria F Russell, Sec'y & Treas, Simon O Blunden. Rose J Ball.

Harvest Gleanings III, page 131

regards, Samuel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit