What do you think of my short film?

by morrisamb 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I don't know if you know, but I shot a film here in London and Vegas. (Yes, indeed, sometimes you need to take a break from the heavy stuff!) I reshot some scenes, found a new editor and just it uploaded to Kevin Spacey's world web - short film site Triggerstreet.com: http://www.triggerstreet.com The film is called Viva Los Donald Membership is free, just need to fill out info and have a valid email address! Reviews welcome! Thanks Donald D'Haene

• blondie
  • morrisamb
    morrisamb

Hi Blondie..I'm so blond - don't know how to post the link the way you did...thanks for that!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Seventy-seven people have viewed my film already - that's in two days!...cool! I'm going to be enterring it in Giggleshorts Festival in Toronto!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

ps: forgot to post my synopsis for the film below..by the way, wonder where I came about with "Brother Richard"...NOT! Donald is recruited by Brother Richard to be the newest member of a gambler’s anonymous group where he learns the chant: "Together we're better, we're better together...Go Team!" But, is he better? When desperation meets the devil....he'll soon find out.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

3 reviews on Triggerstreet.com of my revamped short film Viva Los Donald. Thanks for all who viewed and for those who reviewed! Reviewed by: mattclaire Re: Viva Los Donald OHHH DONALD Very nice!! I laughed out loud. It was a perfect little story about, well however someone may want to interpret it. I really enjoyed the editing and music, and the general feelings of frantic Vegas. The confusion and all that were all brought to life and it is so effortless to watch and enjoy. Great work. Loved the credits, they kicked ass, especially that voice, what a wonderful voice. OHHH DONALD. good work. Reviewed by: buggs Re: Viva Los Donald MUCH TIGHTER! I remember seeing the original version ! This one is 100% better ! Tighter faster paced and clearer subject matter!! Moves right along ! Great new editing !! Really enjoyed it! The Las Vegas shots are much better also. Love all the crazy characters that are at the "group" and how they do a completer turn around! What a nightmare for poor Donald. What is real what isant???
    buggs -- May 4, 2006 - 6:33 PM Reviewed by: dickym Re: Viva Los Donald Viva Los Donald I remeber this short when it first came out it was way to long and the story was not that clear but it has been revamped well. It is alot tighter and it has a better story line. Amazing what you can do by removing and adding footage and still have the same story.
    I like the scooter scene. the way it is speeded up.
    on the hole I give it a 8 out of 10 Well done -- May 2, 2006 - 5:01 PM

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

weak

• blondie
    blondie

Sort of like getting recruited to go to a book study.........except for the name tags.

How long does it take to put together a short like this?

Makes you appreciate what it takes to make a 2 hour movie.

Love ya, Donald

Blondie

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Blondie, it takes a long, long time. I'll bet the editor and I put in a hundred and more hours easy. That 5 min 17 sec is edited down from hours and hours of filming. Seethesky. Thanks for your one word review. Our film was chosen for a comedy festival in Toronto. One of 201 chosen out of 1000 entries. Critics just make us better.

• blondie
    blondie

Comedy must flow and my viewer is a little choppy; I'll try again at work.

The editor can make or break a film.

Has it been or is it going to be shown at the festival?

I did a small film once..........you know drawing those flipper cards.

Well, on the list of longer films

X-men

Davinci Code

Hoodwinked (and over the hedge)

Or a remake of

Liar, Liar (the story of any ordinary body of JW elders) Wouldn't that be a hoot if they had to tell the absolute truth for a day?

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit