Say something Philosophical and Deep

by JH 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace. And there are ways in which we can consciously work to develop feelings of love and kindness. ............Dalai Lama

And.............If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

This one I copied from a post on this board and typed it up. It's on the wall over my computer. Very profound I think:
    I have more repsect for people who change their views after acquiring new information, than for those who cling to views they held thirty years ago. The world changes. Ideologues and zealots don't.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Every time, right about then I was tempted to plant a leg betwixt his...you know, right at the junction? I got it, Sunnygal41. I just had flashbacks, lol

LMAO...........my MOM used to say that too..........."pretty deep subject for a shallow mind like yours"..........

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Flip Wilson, great comedian:"The Devil Made Me Do It! "

Jackie Gleason, The Honeymooners, "Your Going To The Moon Alice!"

Watchtower Society, "SOON,SOON,SOON,"

Elvis, "It's Now or Never"

• Celia
    Celia

For the French speaking folks here :

"Plus on pedale moins fort, moins on avance plus vite."

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Don't muzzel the bull while it is thressing the wheat

Sir, more then kisses, letters mingle souls. For thus, absent friends speak - John Donne. Poet and cleric. Only one of the few men of cloth that I think I would have enjoyed listening to.

Much Ado About Nothing - Beatrice speaking to Messenger, opening act "He wears his faith but as the fashion of his hat; it ever changes with the next block" .... Beatrice responding to Benedick, opening act "I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow than a man swear he loves me." .... Pretty much anything that Beatrice says in Much Ado About Nothing

• White Waves
    White Waves

I'm a bit Irish... so "The liver is evil. It must be punished." is a common phrase at a party.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Speaking of Irish here are some good ones:

When the apple is ripe, it will fall

You cannot make a purse out of a sow's ear

It is the quiet pigs that eat the meal

• Quentin
    Quentin

Even a blind hog'll find an acron now and again...

• White Waves
    White Waves

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every 4 Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you. - Rita Mae Brown

One is taught by experience to put a premium on those few people who can appreciate you for what you are. - Gail Godwin

If the world were a logical place, men would ride sidesaddle and bicycles reversed - unknown

I love the male body; it is better designed than the male mind - Andrea Newman

Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up. - Marilyn Greist

To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be? - Anna Strong

I think you have to take charge of your own life and understand that you're either going to live somebody else's dream or live your own dream. - Wilma Mankiller.

• force
    force

It takes a lot of courage to stand up to your enemies

but it takes more courage to stand up to your friends

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit