Who here is still left from h20?

by GermanXJW 57 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I made a handful of posts at H2O just before I came here. Didn't like the 'clunky' feel of the site but appreciated what I learned there.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I was on H20! I was also on "The Free Zone", which was a great site as well (I loved the essays on that site.).

• rekless
    rekless

me h2o 1999

• Balsam
    Balsam

I did briefly join H2O long before I left the religion. Gosh that was ages ago, was always so hard to navigate though I thought.

• greendawn
    greendawn

So what is this H20 I understand it no longer exists but it must have been important in the history of ex JW forums. I hear a lot about it so what's its basic history.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Greendawn,

When I joined, H20 was already the hotest ex-JW board in town. Although, it was founded by Rick (don't know his last name) who wanted to find a way to reform the JWs. Rick was an active JW, but not totally happy with everything in the Society. So, he allowed ex-JWs on his board as long as they were respectful and so forth. What took place is that the board became dominated by ex-JWs. Then, in November, 1999 the Society came out with its infamous Kingdom Ministry which essentially prohibited JWs from being on line in such forums. H20 continued to soar.

Then, sometime around January 2001, Rick had to change host/servers, as his board was piggy-backed on another site that ostensibly and suddenly needed the space. But they only gave Rick a week to transfer his entire board out. Usually a month is allowed. There was some suspecion that the Society was behind the move.

Between January and March 2001, many of us waited to see how the board was going to do. Rick got it back up and running, but it was not the same, and he changed a lot of the features, changed moderators, and board rules. So, a lot of us migrated over to JWD, where we have been ever since. Eventually, his board died out and I guess he finally closed it.

Jim Whitney

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I got on there just a bit before it went away.

• Fleur
    Fleur

I was...as Esmerelda. So very long ago...

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=311102

Is this board related to the old H2O? Run by the same guy?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I'm one of the old H2O posters. Posted as Luv2Shari.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit