Working with JW???

by Lilycurly 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I was wondering.... My mother and I are working together. We have a little daycare at home and I see her everyday. She and I are working really hard to try and get my JW dad to think.

And yesterday she asked him if it would still be okay for her to work with me (an apostate) if she went back to the JWs again. Dad said yes....but we're not so sure about it....what does the WT say?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

It is my understanding that you can work with an ex-JW as long as you do not discuss spiritual matters. However, if the JW feels that their spirituality is at stake they are encouraged to find another job. What is funny about this is the persecution complex, so of course every JW feels put upon to have to work with non-JWs, ex-JWs, apostates, any one other then someone who agrees with the WTBTS regardless of whether they are a JW or not.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

She can work with you, but not have any scriptural discussion with you.

w81 9/15 p. 24 par. 20 Disfellowshiping—How to View It ***

Discussion of business matters with him or contact on the job might be necessary, but spiritual discussions and social fellowship would be things of the past. In that way you could demonstrate your obedience to God and have a protective barrier for yourself. Also, this might impress on him how much his sin has cost him in various ways.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Thanks...the WT quotes made me throw up in my mouth a little...but thanks.lol

Anyway, I know I have absolutely no reason to worry about my mother going back...it was just a question she wanted to ask him.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Lily,

Someone else may be able to provide the reference, but I am quite sure the Society strongly discourages being in business with (not necessarily working with) ANYONE who is a non-dub. I'm sure that would have special application to someone DF'd. I know I've read it.

Love,
    Uncle Lenny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit