Would you change the way you left if you could?

by Gadget 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

Hindsights a great thing, theres loads of things I would go back and change if I could. But what if you found yourself in a similar situation in the future, what would you do differently?

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

I wouldn't change the majority of what happened...but I would handle one thing differently...my JC meeting!

At the time I was still intimidated enough to attend the stupid thing - and then I sat there and bawled throughout...ICK!

Knowing what I know now - I would have ALOT of questions for those elders. I would not cry. I would face them calmly and rip their illusions to shreds...

Whether they listened or not, I wouldn't care, but I would have said my piece. Then I would announce that I was DA'ing myself and walk out the door.

I've replayed that JC meeting in my mind many, many times.

• daystar
    daystar

This is a very tough question to answer. But perhaps not... really. We are where we are at this moment due to millions of tiny moments and millions of decisions, both large and small, that we have made in our lives. You could meet one person, have one conversation, or even share a smile or a tear with someone and it could change the direction of the entire rest of your life.

Part of me wants to say that I would change the way I left. My ego says that I would have liked to have left due to questioning the authority of the WBTS. I guess I did that in my own way, by rebelling, but it was not through study of inconsistencies, etc. Then again, I was just 17 when it all began.

But then I think how different my life might have been if I had stayed in longer, or if I had lied about what I had done. There were no witnesses to anything. I could have gotten away with it. But to do that, I would have to have been a different person.

And... I like who I am. And I love the people who are now in my life. I love my son. If I had done anything different, it's possible that I might not have him in my life, or any of the other people whom I love so much.

So... no. I would not change a thing.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I would have pee'd on the toilet seat.

• nelly136
    nelly136

as i was born in the choice wasnt mine to make first time round,

in the future.....

i havent and will never subject myself or my kids to a publishing company or anything else masquerading as the mouthpiece of god.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Oh sure I would ! Too bad it was so hard when I did cause If I could do it again I would stay and have some fun doing pranks in the KH :) I was think of being reinstated just for that but it takes too much time LoL!

Joff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit