name calling and bullying in the name of religion

by lovelylil 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

lovelylil i agree with the above.. your input here is very much appreciated. i enjoy your posts very much.

thing about message boards is.. you dont have to open every thread.. if one offends..just dont read it again..

when threads deteriorate into name calling i rarely open them again. unless i'm watching somene eat a troll lol.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    A knave's religion is always the rottenest thing about him. - John Ruskin
  • Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

{{{{{{{{{Lillian}}}}}}}}}}}

When we are very secure and at peace with what we believe, no one can take that from us. Don't take any comments personal, because even if they were meant as a put down or not, it does not change who we are.

Your experiences in life after the org are just as valid as everyone elses. What happened to me years ago when I first started hanging out online in disfellowshipped JW chatrooms and forums, is I would get "triggered." I would have a stress reaction and panic attack when something happened. Maybe it was a confrontation with another active JW, listening to old tapes of Watchtower talks, going over old literature, an ex JW attacking me, different things would trigger stress and a panic attack.

We are devided by the paths we took after we walked out the Kingdom Hall doors, but we are all united by what the JW experience did to us. May we all work towards respecting each other instead of adding to someones pain.

Love Always~Kate

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    "Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words can break our hearts." - Robert Fulghum
  • fjtoth
    fjtoth

I know a former contributor to this forum who never shows up anymore. He joined in a discussion on the Trinity and tried to show why he doesn't believe it. Within a day he was pounced on by 7 other contributors. A few discourteously accused him of being still a JW and that he came to this forum with an agenda. The poor old man - 65 years old, I believe - was lonely and needed friends after being a JW all his life. He had also lost the companionship of his entire family when he left JWs. I can understand why we haven't heard from him again.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats terrible fjtoth! i'm sorry he had that experience here.

• Shining One
    Shining One

To name call and bully others into a belief system.
    Believers get much, much more of that than vice-versa. Whenever anyone posts anything that shows moral backbone they practically get shouted down. Ridicule and bullying is always more of a tool for the left leaning, politically correct crowd.
    Rex

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Lovelylil:

You have a gentle and kind spirit. If there were more believers and atheists like you, the world would be a nicer place. Please don't leave the forum. We all need reminders of how to more respectful to others. People like you provide them.

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit