Love Is . . . . .

by nicolaou 23 Replies latest social relationships

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

. . . . when you give your 12 year old daughter a big squeeze when you get home from work. She'll feign embarrassment and complain "oh Dad" because she's not a 'kid' anymore but she won't pull away.

Nic'

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

.....when you put your children to sleep after a crazy day, then 20 minutes later you want to wake them up, because you miss them so.

Brooke

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

knowing you want kids with her ....even if you dont ever have them

• daystar
    daystar

... letting her pull herself up out the mess she made of her life, but being as supportive as is humanly possible otherwise.

• JH
    JH

When she purrs in your arms

• daystar
    daystar

... when, dignity bedamned, you cannot help but run across the room into their open arms, wide smile all the way.

Kids do this all the time. When is the last you did?

• greendawn
    greendawn

When you help someone without expecting to receive a reward.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    .....when you put your children to sleep after a crazy day, then 20 minutes later you want to wake them up, because you miss them so.

Brooke

Damn... guess I really dont love my kids! When they go to sleep after a crazy day, love is a large glass of wine! Poppy

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

When you break up with someone, and 3 years later you still miss them and wish they could have been your partner.

• Fleur
    Fleur

This is perfect description of parental love, Brooke...I feel this way all the time...

Brooke

To me, "romantic" love is holding someone's hand on the worst day of your life, and knowing that you wouldn't want to be anywhere else, in better circumstances, without them. It's hard to explain, but I've been there, on the worst day of my life and the worst day of his. On mine, I knew I couldn't survive it without him holding me up; and on his, I was so honored to have the chance to return the favor.

Real love doesn't hurt to give or get. It doesn't wither or die easily. It's a hardy plant, and don't let anyone else try to sell you "love" that isn't.

I could go on for days on this subject, because I have loved, been loved, and really found love that has lasted almost a decade to this point and I don't foresee it changing because I don't take it for granted...love is, in the end, when it's real, something worth constructing the rest of your life around, not trying to jam into your schedule. It's something you have to take time to make and preserve. And it's so worth it.

I can't wait for my sweetie to get through the door...I'm overdue for my hug. Yes, almost 10 years I've been in love with him and I still watch the clock, and the door, and wait to hear his key. Damn, I am so lucky.

ah, there's that key! Gotta run :) I have to meet someone at the door.

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit