WT Magazine Font Style

by inbyathread 14 Replies latest jw friends

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Can anyone tell me what the name of the Font style the WTS uses for the Watchtower Cover

Thanks.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

"END" Times New Roman....

Sorry - couldn't resist.....

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

BS Trek Borg

sorry couldnt resist either

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Times New World

Antique BS

• KW13
    KW13

looks like New Times...whoops Times New Roman to me or a style related to it.

• blondie
  • inbyathread
    inbyathread

The style is close to Times New Roman take a look at the "W" it intersects eachother which TNR does not do. Any suggestions?

• vomit
    vomit

If you look at some of my old posts under the name (void) I did some of thoes joke Watchtower and Awake covers. I have an extensive collection of fonts, most from www.dafont.com which has an option where you can type in the word and get a preview of it.

I found a few close ones, but I guess it is an "in-house" font developed when they made their printing press. And meps or what ever you call that best in the world (sic:dire) translation and printing program.

You can make a similar style with Garamond font.

Go into ms word. type WATCHTOWER in all caps. Select the W and make it a few points bigger. I could probably forge it if nessesary and fonts do have a lot of rules to make them up and can be replicated with the right software.

Maybe like this

W ATCHTOWER

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Thanks for this.

IBAT

• Caminante
    Caminante
    The logo is coded into the WtAtArtwork, but it's based on WtGaramondMedium, which used 99% Berthold Garamond / Garamond BE / URW Garamond T letterforms. Indeed it's an in-house rendition of Berthold Garamond Semibold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit