Should jws shop in church-owned shopping Malls?

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Any takers?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Where is a church owned shopping mall?

• blondie
    blondie

I understood that for years, Yankee Stadium was partially owned by a Catholic group, yet the WTS rented the facility.

BTW, does the Vatican charge to tour their facilities, because if they do, many JWs have paid for the privilege, straight into the pockets of Babylon the Great.

Blondie

• badboy
    badboy

THE METRO IN GATESHEAD is one.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Given their extreme sensitivity to what they regard as babylon (and I have no doubt that they are part of it) they shouldn't shop there let alone own shares that provide them profits from cigarette and military equipment sales. They have this mentality that they should be totally separate from the rest of the world which is obviously unrealistic.

• kristyann
    kristyann

I didn't know that churches ever owned shopping malls... what churches or denominations tend to get into that sort of thing?

• minimus
    minimus

IF they are looking for library cards, then, it's ok!

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

Yes, and the staff there can witness to them, and they can't do anything about it. :D

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    what churches or denominations tend to get into that sort of thing?

A good guess would be the mormons probably have some commercial holdings in Utah.

• joe_black
    joe_black

I've heard that Smith's or Albertson's or both are owned by Mormons. I always see a buncha JW beer & potato salad shoppers in both places, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit