Had a question as a never-was JW.

by Bgurltryal 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

What are the feelings of JWs towards worldy people they know? I know if you're some woopdeedoo JW you didn't mingly with the 'worldy' BUT those who did or do or will or...argh...ok. They think 'wordly' people are going to burn and be destroyed in armageddon so if they have love or friendship for a worldly person how do they deal with this 'truth'? Do they look to convert? not care? Feel sad at all? What is the mind set regarding that? Just wonderingggggggg.

• AMarie
    AMarie

First of all, Witnesses normally don't get very close to people outside of their organization. They are counseled that bad association spoils useful habits.

If they do get close to an outsider, usually they will try to convert them, believing that they have the one and only truth about god that can save their friend.

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

Ok...What if it's a JW child who loves the 'worldy' person dearly. Do they hold any form of guilt or sadness?

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

bgurl you are hot, will you go out with me?

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

I find this post to be rude and offensive.Here i am trying to discuss a serious topic and you hit on me. Delete the post! delete the post! and OHY! E-mail me smeghead.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Im am offended by your calling me a smeghead. I demand simon ban you and delete your post. You are obviously a twit and you are wrong because I say so. Anyway, so will you go out with me or not?

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

Stop your harrasment you clod! noone's going to take this thread seriously NOW!

Please respond other posters. I have little knowledge of JW thought process in general let alone regarding wordly friends.

Ignore the bafoon above for he worships the great squirel and i'm pretty sure some cat just ate him.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I think that it must be extremely difficult for a JW child who has a close relationship with a worldly person....either a relative or friend.

Children especially tend to see things in black and white, and being taught that all those who are not JWs are going to die could be extremely traumatic.

A friend from another board went through this exact situation. She learned about the "truth" as a young child when her mother began studying. The sister who was conducting the study impressed upon this poor girl that everyone in her life needed to be converted or they would die.

This young woman went through years of depression and guilt when she couldn't convert all those who were dear to her.

Her suffering was intense, and it was not something that a child should have to deal with.

• Ballistics Ghost
    Ballistics Ghost

bgurltryal, is that a ladder in your tights, or the stairway to heaven?

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

thankyou redhorse. That was what i thought. It's so sad. What an awful form of torture.

Bboyneko- look what you started!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit