Anyone know of worldwide seance' to contact Lennon?

by Star Moore 16 Replies latest social current

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Didn't Loco Ono address this whole thing not too long ago. She made one of her rare appearanes and said that people were getting rich off of John, blah, blah, blah. don't shave your pits, blah, blah, blah, don't wash your hair, blah, blah, blah.

No, really she did address this and said that there was not going to be any major sit-in, seance or hunger strike in lieu of his birthday or date of death.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Anyone know of worldwide seance' to contact Lennon?

... cool. i dig communism.

ts

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Hi Double Edge:

I think people are in a sleeplike state because Jesus and Paul said the dead were sleeping.

The scriptures are very specific in that our spirits do not "sleep".

2 Corinthians 5:5-9 (King James Version) 5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. 6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
    9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. The Bible is full of methaphors - "sleep" is one of them:

Thessalonians 5:5-7 (King James Version)

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
    6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think someone is imagining things

• Star Moore
    Star Moore
    The scriptures are very specific in that our spirits do not "sleep". 2 Corinthians 5:5-9 (King James Version) 5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. 6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

Hello there: I don't think the spirit sleeps either. But does the 'spirit' have personality?

I think our soul does, have all our memories and thoughts..and sleeps at death.

In Vs. 5...the spirit given to us is God's spirit.

In Vs. 6... Paul talks against being 'at home' in our bodies. Why? Because our bodies are of the fallen flesh and inclined toward sin.

In Vs. 8...Paul talks that we would rather be at home with God, than, at home in our imperfect bodies.

In Vs. 9...Paul talks that whether we are able to ignore our imperfect flesh desires or not, may we be accepted by him.

Sorry, but I'm not understanding how this scripture is saying, we don't sleep at death?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Hello there: I don't think the spirit sleeps either. But does the 'spirit' have personality?

I think our soul does, have all our memories and thoughts..and sleeps at death.

In Vs. 5...the spirit given to us is God's spirit.

In Vs. 6... Paul talks against being 'at home' in our bodies. Why? Because our bodies are of the fallen flesh and inclined toward sin.

In Vs. 8...Paul talks that we would rather be at home with God, than, at home in our imperfect bodies.

In Vs. 9...Paul talks that whether we are able to ignore our imperfect flesh desires or not, may we be accepted by him.

Sorry, but I'm not understanding how this scripture is saying, we don't sleep at death?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple....sometimes people try to overthink things (I know, it's just different interpretations). The Jews during Jesus' time believed that the soul return to God upon death (except for the Sagacees). In fact, they thought the soul/spirit of man hung around the body for three days before going to be with God. That's why when Mary and Martha sent for Jesus upon Lazarus' illness/death, he waited and didn't go to them immediately. And there was a reason. The other instances where he raised the dead were within a few hours of when the person expired. Raising Lazarus 3 days after his death dispelled any notion that the previous miracles might not have been miracles in that the person might not have really been dead.

Regarding Pauls statements.... they are clear.... death is no big deal... whether we are here in this life, we are away from God and we must live by faith.... BUT, if we die, it's more preferrable....sure, we are absent from the body (this life), but we are present with God.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello Double Edge:

I wasn't aware of this:

The Jews during Jesus' time believed that the soul return to God upon death (except for the Sagacees). In fact, they thought the soul/spirit of man hung around the body for three days before going to be with God.

Thanks for the input. I guess the question is: What is the soul? and What is the spirit?

Not positive here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit