Got in an argument with fiances family

by corproal 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• corproal
    corproal

here is an example of how brainwashed witnesses are even if the facts are in front of their faces.

Re: Read this if you have the guts.
    Body:How dare you speak like that to my sister. Plus 99% of the things you read on the internet about the witnesses is false and I should know that because I am one. Even the encyclopedias have false info. Those claiming to be ex-jws also post lies, false info, and exaggerated stories and it would be very unwise to believe them. Why don't you research the bible itself to see the truth for yourself. In fact the witnesses are the only ones to use Jehovah's name and even other religions of the world are forced to admitt that is his name but their flawed thinking has caused them to abandon it. And there is countless other evidence that the witnesses have the truth, and it should be very clear to see. but that is beside the point. You are living in sin even from the "world's" standpoint, so why focus on the witnesses when you aren't even married?
  • corproal
    corproal

The amazing thing about this letter is I emailed my future sister and law asking her why she's such a hypocrite and such.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    In fact the witnesses are the only ones to use Jehovah's name

Now that's a lie. I was taught that Jehovah was God's name when I was in Catholic elementary school - long before I ever heard of Jehovah's Witnesses. Many religions use the name Yahweh, which is probably a more accurate translation of the tetragrameton. Still others refrain from using the name out of respect - how many people call their parents by their first name? Or perhaps JWs think they're on a first name basis with God, as though he's their drinking buddy or something?

Those claiming to be ex-jws also post lies, false info, and exaggerated stories and it would be very unwise to believe them.

The lies of the Watchtower are easily exposed simply by using the bible and the Watchtower's own literature.

You are living in sin even from the "world's" standpoint, so why focus on the witnesses when you aren't even married?

Yet another lie. From the "world's standpoint" there is nothing illegal about living with someone. This is a typical JW tactic - attack personalities when their own doctrines and practices cannot be defended.

W

• rebel8
    rebel8

Some fun info for you:

"the name "Jehovah," a mispronunciation of the ancient Hebrew name for the deity. The first recorded use of this word dates from the thirteenth century by a Catholic monk" -- Aid To Bible Understanding, pg. 884-885

from http://jwinfo.8m.com/jwinfo.htm

IOW, JWs borrowed the word "Jehovah" from a Catholic who made it up!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The best (and in my opinion the only way) to silence the JWs is to simply prove them wrong witht the Bible. It's that sipmle. They view the Bible with such high regard. All you have to do is use it. I've seen many people on the board mention the arguments they have gotten into with people who are JW. I've noticed a few things that usually allways lead to sour talk.
    -Something is mentioned about "information on the internet
    -Emphasis on certain scandals
    -Emphasis on secular dates vs. Watchtower dates
    Don't get me wrong, these are all very good points that should not go unnoticed. But when talking to a straight up brainwashed JW, they are simply not going to listen to any of this. I suggest asking Bible questions they simply can't answer like:
    -prove to me the "other sheep" are not the gentiles
    -why did Jesus not use the name Jehovah his most famous prayers (Matt 6:9, John 17:1)
    For the typical brainwashed JW this kind of stuff simply has more bite in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, people have used the other stuff with success. But that's just not what I would do.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I dont bother to argue with them.I say what I think and move on.They taught me how to be a verbally abusive prick.I turn what they say back on them.They love running their mouths but mines faster and louder.I dont discuss. I give ultimatums and walk.I have several ways of saying -bite me.Screw the bible discussions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit