JW to use bullhorns at doors

by Smiles 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES TO USE BULLHORNS ON PEOPLE THAT DON'T ANSWER THEIR DOORS Monday April 24, 2006
    By DAVID TOLSEY

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Weary from pounding the pavement for hours a day only to have homeowners shut the door in their faces or not answer it all, Jehovah's Witnesses will start toting bullhorns to ensure their message is heard. Kingdom Halls across the U.S. rejoiced at the directive issued by leading Witness elders last week.

"We look at the bullhorns as an emergency tool needed to spread the word of the Lord," said 18-year-old Ronald Plimpton. "Maybe the residents didn't hear the door knock because they were in the bathroom or working in the basement."

Several sociologists fear these extreme actions by the Jehovah's Witnesses may prompt other institutions and groups to resort to similar methods. "We may see the Britannica salesman or Avon lady utilizing a handheld microphone in the near future," says Dr. Clarence Simolt.

"I don't plan to use them," said door-to-door salesman Mickey Jones. "When you have something people want, there's no need for noise.

Jones sells earplugs.
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/wwn/20060424/114589080002.html

• MadamDefiance
    MadamDefiance

Well then it will be a great time to open the door and let the dogs out............Oops, unless it is the avon lady I might need some skin-so-soft.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Clever dub-ploy. Pre-warning the neighboorhood, so people WON'T answer their doors.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

is this a satire article? lol!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    "Maybe the residents didn't hear the door knock because they were in the bathroom or working in the basement."

OR, maybe they'd spotted a selection of 'suits' carrying briefcases and were IGNORING the door knock.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

I will stock up on earplugs, or maybe buy stock in them, it could be a goldmine with all the dubs in the US....

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Note to self - instruct family never to answer the door if a bullhorn has been heard

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

XJW to use sniper rifle

Tango spotted

Tango down

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

It's called "DISTRUBING THE PEACE" Bull Horns will bring down a rain of rock throwing from sleepy nieghbors.

• VM44
    VM44

This is not so different from what the JWs used to do.

In the days of Rutheford sound cars with giant speakers mounted on the roofs, would roam about neighborhoods BLASTING Judge Rutherford's sermons to the people in their homes!

Another of Rutherford's in-your-face, or in this case, in-your-ear, tactics to make sure everyone heard HIS messages

I think the use of sound cars really went too far and was truly annoying to people. That is probably why the Watchtower doesn't use them anymore.

Oh, and not only were sound cars used, but also sound boats were used to blast messages to land when bodies of water were available!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit