religiosity and intelligence..

by candidlynuts 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    How much anecdotal evidence equals "proof"?

Anecdotal evidence never equals proof, it only equals evidence. It may convince some, even most, but that doesn't make it proof.

Anecdotal evidence confirmed that the earth was flat, captains saw ships venture too far and fall of the edge.

• White Waves
    White Waves

JW children deprived of education and those hindered by overbearing parental figures sqewer these factoids. I myself was deprived of education but realized that only the "blind" or "easy" follow the JWs so easily. Otherwise, perhaps they are of lower IQ, I don't know. I wish I could have applied myself to high school and then college. But the JWs and my parents deprived me of that. I moved out once I graduated from HS, but I could not get an in to a college because the stupid meetings meant more that my future. Not only that, I had to move out of my parents house or PIONEER. I moved out, the best decision I made. Unfortunately, my life could have been so much better if my parents hadn't been such JW psychos.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my own personal opinion is that there are a lot of people who are having problems emotionally that seem to be more drawn to religion regardless of intelligence or lack thereof.

look at that church in texas that has 20,000 people attend each week.. that fella that runs that church gotta be one smart man.. he's rollin in dough! so there are some very intelligent religious people lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit