what say ye about this quote?

by lovelylil 9 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I was looking at some old WT articles and I found this quote. I thought it was pretty ironic, what say ye?

The Vatican belittles Bible study by claiming it is the only organization authorized and qualified to interpret the Bible." (The Watchtower, 7/1/1943, p. 20

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!! Thanks for the quote, I am going to print it out and keep it on file!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• White Waves
    White Waves

That is a riot... So much of the stuff they accuse other religions of, they do all of the time!!! Hypocrites is what they are. I honestly don't understand why more JWs can't see that. The WTBS is constantly making statements and then contradicting itself in a demented circular way of thinking that has no end or logic. Oh, that is right - don't question - only OBEY. If an elder tells the congregation to jump off the nearest cliff - do they all go for it??? Answer: Yes. Elder speaks for GOD.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

If you go back really far, you can read about how JWs thought that black people's brains were smaller then whites and that was why they could not hold a position in the congo. Also, you can read about how all docs are quacks (including funny cartoons to go along with the articles). If you had an old victrola (sp?) you could even listen to the Judge give fire and brimstone talks that sound just like old Baptist preachers. There's all kinds of funny stuff if you go back in the early teens and twenties. The stuff they believed in and what they said. It is a riot.

• beksbks
    beksbks

So, you are trying to make me blow this wine through my nose? Just as I take I nice sip, and start reading?

• inquirer
    inquirer

I was looking at some old WT articles and I found this quote. I thought it was pretty ironic, what say ye?

Think they don't like what they see when they look in the mirror. The JW is a replica of the Catholic Church. :)
  • inquirer
    inquirer

White Waves,

I honestly don't understand why more JWs can't see that.

See my above post!
  • oldflame
    oldflame
    only OBEY. If an elder tells the congregation to jump off the nearest cliff - do they all go for it??? Answer: Yes. Elder speaks for GOD.

Yep, do I see another Gyanna, Jim Jones affect here ? I can remember that day just like it was yesterday.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nice one. I'm keeping it.

• barry
    barry

The Catholic Church has more right to say that because we got the bible dfrom the authority of the Church councils.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit