(Fake) Bronzed Goddess

by schne_belly 12 Replies latest jw friends

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Okay, so we all know what damage the sun can do to our skin; wrinkles, age spots, not to mention cancer!

I am a light skinned person, with some freckles and the tendency to burn more than tan.

But who doesn’t like the idea of being a bronzed goddess? I certainly feel better when I have some color….but I won’t run the risk of looking 10 years older than I really am because of what kind of damage I caused from laying out or using tanning beds!
    SOOO I've turned to self tanning. Ya, the kind of lotion/spray that you use to "dye" the top layer of your skin. It lasts about a week.
    I apply it at night, then in the morning wash off the color guard ( which is a MUST so you can see where you've applied the product) and just like that, it looks like I've returned from vacation or a weekend at the beach!

There you have it, my little secret!
    I've spent years trying to find the perfect product, which finally came down to one called "fake bake". It's great...and really natural looking. Do any of you use self tanning products?

• JH
    JH

You can eat tons of carrots. I hear that you change color slightly by eating lots of carrots...

You can put some kind of cream that makes you tanned.

You can also spend a few minutes in the sun. I don't use anything. I don't even put sun screen on me.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    You can eat tons of carrots. I hear that you change color slightly by eating lots of carrots...

lol... don't be mean! You know that will turn someone orange!

• kid-A
    kid-A

I have a permanent "mediterranean" tan due to my southern european ancestry but I have always been amazed watching you "whities" baking out there in the sun! LOL

Whats wrong with being a little pale? Never understood the tanning obsession.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly
    I have a permanent "mediterranean" tan due to my southern european ancestry

I'm JEALOUS Kid-A!!!

It does seem to be an obsession around here. I swear I see more girls who look like they LIVE in a tanning bed...it can get to a point where it's pretty disgusting.

Having a healthy tan does help make you look thinner and help even out your complexion!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Whats wrong with being a little pale? Never understood the tanning obsession.

I'm sure you would change your opinion the moment you blinded someone after walked outside in shorts on a sunny day.

-Elsewhere, of the "Everyone Wears Sunglasses Around Me" class.

• luna2
    luna2

My son and his girlfriend went and got sprayed. They looked okay, not as bad as Q-T (the fake crap we had as teens...looked orange), but you could tell it was fake.

• lucifer
    lucifer

I do go the tanning bed, but the other day I bought a good self tanner, but I was stupid and put it on while I was drinking lol, next morning I see spots I missed and streaks hahaha oh dear

• schne_belly
    schne_belly
    I was stupid and put it on while I was drinking

Ha!! I'll remind myself NOT to do that! Were you able to touch it up?? YIKES!

• schne_belly
    schne_belly
    My son and his girlfriend went and got sprayed

Luna, I tried that too....and didn't have the greatest results either. Too bad, it would have been cool and taken away the hassel of getting my husband to help me do my back Ohhh well, I'm sure that technique will improve over time as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit