JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: DISFELLOWSHIPPING AND SHUNNING

by Lady Lee 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks for this, Lady lee.

It's quite long, and I don't have time to read it right now, but I definitely will later.

Hubert

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

We can educate the public about such actions taken by the WTS. Every time someone reads about how the WTS treats ex-Members they become "immunized" against the WTS.

Exactly. Think of it like word of mouth opinion on whether or not to go to a restaurant. If you hear from someone you know that the service and food were horrible, you're probably not going to go. Or at the very least you'll be a bit skeptical if you do.

That's my main avenue of action at this point. Whenever I talk to friends about the Witnesses, I usually drive home a couple of main points, protection of child molesters, child sacrifice due to heinous blood policies, and treatment of rape victims. If every one of us can educate those we know about the reality of the Organization, when the JW's come up in those people's conversations, they'll at least be able to put a bug in someone else's ear about some of the majorly destructive issues.

I consider it informal anti-witnessing.

CD

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, in this case prevention may be better than the cure. We give people the tools to self-evaluate scams, and they won't be taken in. My latest find is an organization called:

www.criticalthinking.org

Some of their materials, I am convinced, can permanently inoculate our young against propoganda, scams, pyramid schemes, quacks, cults, and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit