Daniel Book

by 5thGeneration 11 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

My super zealous father told me the other day how he just "loved" studying the Daniel book for the second time. He got "so much more out of it this time". Holy crap, give me a break!

Actually, I think it is one of the most speculative book the Society has put out.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I've been out of touch for about 25 years. Is there a new Daniel book? I remember the light green/chartreuse "Your Will Be Done on Earth" book from the early sixties. I can't imagine they would bring that out again since everything in it has already been discredited by history since.

• Dune
    Dune

EXACTLY @ Gregor. The current daniel book simply qualifies JW beliefs.
    In the book that you studied the communist bloc was the final king of the north, in the current daniel book they moved the communist bloc back one place and now have a footnote saying that the final King of the north hasnt arrived yet. The daniel book is EXTREMELY confusing. Most witnesses credit this difficulty to it having "deep spiritual truths", when really it should be accounted for the amount of mental gymnastics anyone reading it has to enure. Its amazing how an organization can constantly change the future and millions of members can not(or pretend not to) notice.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The older ones get so fed up with dumbed down primary study books that they welcome anything that they can get there teeth into . Sister BluesBrother also thought it was the best thing since, well the previous Daniel Book.

PS at one time I thought that sort of thing was wonderful too.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Compared to Revelation....it's Grand Climax at hand? But what would I know, since I bailed long before that garbage Daniel sci-fi book came out.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The Daniel book is speculative, arrogant, and seemingly overly complex if you try to reconcile it with the actual bible book of Daniel. Waste of an hour every week for 10 months

• sir82
    sir82
    The daniel book is EXTREMELY confusing. Most witnesses credit this difficulty to it having "deep spiritual truths"

And there you have it, another JW "buzzword expression" decoded.

JW: "Well, Brother Snorefest, that certainly was a deep talk you gave."

Translation: What in the #$%^& were you talking about?

• Zico
    Zico

How do I do quotes? Gregor. (Or anyone else) Have you got any quotes from the Society publications where they describe the final King of the North as the Communist bloc of Nations. How did they apply this to the scripture? Thanks.

• White Waves
    White Waves

I think this is the most boring book yet. The first time the new book was studied, I stopped going to the bookstudy. It is reading and re-reading the verses of Daniel by the bookstudy reader and then again by the audience and finding a million ways to misconstrue the meanings. Only good thing was the studies ended early every time.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Hi, Zico, and welcome to the Forum

Ever since its founding back in 1879, with the publishing of the very first WT magazine in July of that year, the WT Society has indulged in all kinds of ignorant and extremist speculations, passing these off as "prophesies" One of their favourite pieces of theological nonsense is the way they have portrayed their [mis]understanding of the "King of the North"

Back in 1891, we have the first recorded description of this King made by the WTS: the publication entitled "Thy Kingdom Come" on pgs 39, and 40, identified this "King" as none other as Napoleon!! That was straight from the mouth of Joe Hoover, and if you respectfully disagreed, you were expelled from the "True" Fellowship.

This "Truth" lasted till 1942, when it was discovered that the same Joe Hoover had goofed, and it was'nt really Napoleon after all. It was in fact Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany along with his WW1 allies, Austo-Hungary and theTurkish Empire [The New World pg 324] The light was of course getting brighter, and the truth was getting "truther", so this was finally IT. Again if you disagreed you were out on your arse, mate. Why? Because this was Joe Hoovers WORD!

Naturally, with Joe Hoover "truth" is a flexible commodity, rather like being in a boat that is tossed about in the waves of different teachings, because in 1958, the "King of the North" changed yet again!! In the book, "Your will be done" we have these gems of information: "Jehovah's angel foretold further agression by the COMMUNIST King of the North, before his end at Armageddon" pg 300.

"The Soviet Union, the Communist power that since it seized power in Russia in 1917, has held world dominion as its aim to this day" pg 278.

The WTS were such marvelous prophets of God ["Jehovah provides his loyal servants with advance knowledge about this system's end" WT mag 1984, pg 8] that they were completely unaware that the King of the North, which was supposed to last right up to Armageddon, had in fact collapsed.

As they say, three strikes and you are out. Their prophetic "record" is a dismal ZERO.

This did not, however prevent them from writing another largish 11 page article in the WT mag in 1993, where they finally admitted that Joe Hoover did'nt know the identity of the "King of the North" - "Who is the King of the North? WE CANNOT SAY" [pg 22]

Truly did the prophet Jeremiah prophesy regarding these arrogant, selfserving and deceitful men " They are prophesying FALSELY in my name, is the utterance of Jehovah, I DID NOT SEND them" [Jer 27:15]

If you need more information, there is an excellent article written by BJ Kotwall, at "Shauns Research Site" on the web.

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit