well, i've heared it all now...

by Ellie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

Blues And Twos - Police Officer's Blog

Blues and Twos - Police & Law Blog is a an amalgamation of thoughts, feelings and observations on news, current affairs and UK policing in general. Our police blog has contributions from officers of the rank of Inspector (Organ Grinder) down to Constable (Monkey). Blues and Twos - The Police Officer's Blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Brixton Prison Toilets Offend Muslims

Facilities in Brixton prison are being built so Muslim inmates do not have to face Mecca while sitting on the toilet.

I've just read this on Wonko's World and thought it was a wind-up......
    Alas no.

A Brixton prison officer said: “If they didn’t get locked up for committing crime they would not have this problem. Yet we have to sort out their loos. If we weren’t paying for it as taxpayers I’d laugh my socks off.”

Labour MP Khalid Mahmood said: “As far as I understand this rule only applies in a place of worship.”

Tory MP Ann Widdecombe said: “Some common sense needs to be applied.”

Here's the 'dirt' on the whole crappy issue!

Jail loos turned from East.
    Jail toilets face away from Mecca.
    Don't 'poo-poo' it there's even more here.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The world just gets more stupid as time goes on.

DB74

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are asking for too much, they are just like the Jews in having lots of rules and following the letter of the law rather than the spirit.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Maybe the toilets should be placed in a position that allows everyone to point their asses toward Mecca.

W

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I saw photos of a little kid having his arm broken by having a car driven over it while it was held up on blocks, as punishment for theft. I really want to be tolerant, but that broke my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit