JW & Schools

by LaCatolica 7 Replies latest jw friends

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

Here's a question and forgive me if someone's already touched on this subject, but...

Why don't JWs, like the Catholics & Christians, have their own private schools where they can exercise their "no saluting flags, no celebrations, no holidays ( they can go to school all year long!!!! )"?

Imagine what the curriculum would be like.

Imagine the "elders" teaching class.

Imagine "bible study class".

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

At one time JW schools were popping up. I remember a few in IL and WI. We had friends who sent their kids there and knew some of the teachers. They did not last long though. I think they were only in place for a couple of years.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It cost money to run a school and I bet the reason why those schools didn't last long was because of money. Could also be one of the reasons why there are no JW hospitals (they could do their own research on bloodless surgeries) or colleges (those a jw college would be an oxymoron)

Josie

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica
    colleges (those a jw college would be an oxymoron)

Josie...LOL...good one!

• carla
    carla

they could do their own research on bloodless surgeries---Their own research? uh, I don't think so, I've seen how they do 'research'.

The mere thought of jw school makes me sick, those poor kids. Imagine in a year round school they would have field trips of knocking on doors, extra credit for the most 'homework' done outside of class, art class could be who comes up with the most imaginative picture of the big A. History? just write your own, no need to be accurate, you all get A's for imagination. Math? One only needs enough to complete the time slips. Now speech class would be a biggy! Effective ways to preach to a householder. Counselors would be for those with high self esteem, kock them down a few pegs where they belong.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

There was a JW curriculum homeschooling course that you could order online a while ago. I don't know if its still up and running.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It would make perfect sense for the Organisation to educate JW children apart from the rest of Society - but I don't think the WTBTS invest in children.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

http://www.myscschools.com/offices/sq/hsa.cfm

New System School, Inc. (Membership Restricted to Jehovah's Witnesses)

• Karl Becker, Headmaster/President
    • Post Office Box 84247
    • Lexington, SC 29073-4247
    • Phone: 803-996-0539
    • Fax:
    • Email:
    • web:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit