So, what did u like as a JW?

by Pathofthorns 15 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Waiting....a suggestion for you (and I think your husband will like this one). You can STILL wear jewelry and good heels.....and nothing else. (hehehe) No sense letting those good things go to waste.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hey everyone has forgot the privilages we sisters had at hall cleaning and refurbishments - we get to make the tea and coffee[8>]

• Frenchy
    Frenchy
    Such a shame the women don't have a penis.

Well I hate to disagree with my learned associate but I really like the biological distinction as it stands!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• TR
    TR

I miss almost nothing. I never became close to anyone. The congs. in my area are very cliquish and cold to those that had "unbelieving" mates. I constantly had to cover for those who didn't show for their service meeting parts, and I hated public speaking. In hindsight, I don't blame them so much for not wanting to do their assignments. But it would have been nice for them to warn me. The CO's were brutal sob's that didn't give a rip about anyone personally. They just wanted good numbers in their territory. They threatened to remove me as m.s. if I didn't bring up my hours. Oh, this topic is about what I LIKED as a JW, sorry!

I will say however, that coming in contact with the bible with the JW's in my early 20's helped me with my morals. Of course I didn't know at the time that there were so many strings attached.

Let's put it this way; I'm glad I'm the hell away from the WTS.

Edited by - TR on 19 October 2000 11:14:38

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Ah, yes, I well remember dusting chairs as a small child. Eventually, I worked my way up and was given the responsibility of cleaning the toilets. I was SO proud.....NOT!!

• TR
    TR

Red,

Oh you poor sisters! Seriously. Showing up at the hall like a bunch of June Cleaver Wannabees! God, I'm embarrassed for you.

Girl Power! Girl Power! Girl Power!

I would die laughing If I went to the hall and saw a sister chewing out an elder or c.o., and telling him that she is sick and tired of doing the dirty work. She then thrusts a mop into his soft and uncalloused hands. Get to work, dammit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit