NEWSFLASH!!!! CATHOLIC CHURCH OKS CONDOMS!!!!

by anewme 23 Replies latest social current

• anewme
    anewme

I just heard a brief report that the Vatican has okd the use of condoms to prevent the spread of the HIV virus. This is good news and a relief to many. In light of the growing AIDS epidemic world wide this allowance is very compassionate on the part of the church.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

That was a very good decision by the church.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Oh man, and the condom ban was their best source of new members.

• Pole
    Pole

:I just heard a brief report that the Vatican has okd the use of condoms to prevent the spread of the HIV virus. This is good news and a relief to many. In light of the growing AIDS epidemic world wide this allowance is very compassionate on the part of the church.

To be specific: As far as I know, they only lifted the ban on condoms in cases where one spouse has HIV and they want to have sex. In this way they seem to contradict their earlier research which supposedly showed that condoms do not protect you from HIV.

The ban is one example of religious hypocrisy, anyway. 90% of Polish, Irish or Italian catholics don't give a damn about this doctrine. I just wonder how many more Africans have to contract HIV and be born only to die from starvation before the CC finally okays condoms. Kind of reminds me of the WTS blood policy and the increasing light thing.

Pole

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Now the Catholics can have even more fun at their parties!

• Mr. Kim
  • Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

I hate to be grim but maybe the ratio of African Catholics dieing of aids was outnumbering the number of added births in areas without condoms. That scripture in the Bible that says no condoms must be right next to the one that says no college, because I can't find either.

That picture of those guys and gal with condoms on their head in the Post above this, thats not the welcoming party for the new members of the GB is it.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I guess they are allowing sex before marriage.

Brooke

• bebu
    bebu
    I just wonder how many more Africans have to contract HIV and be born only to die from starvation before the CC finally okays condoms.

From what I gather, the problem isn't a shortage of condoms in Africa or the prohibitions of condoms by Catholics... it is the way those cultures consider condoms to be unmanly ("No real African man would use a condom!") That, combined with their strongly-held notions for getting rid of AIDS (have sex with a virgin is a common one, resulting in children being raped/sold for 'cure') plus suspicion about any Western assistance (drugs, condoms, literature), means that a great many Africans practice sex in the ways that ensure it will be spread to harm more people.

Anyway, that is an interesting development for the Catholics.

bebu

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    That scripture in the Bible that says no condoms must be right next to the one that says no college, because I can't find either.

All such nuggets of wisdom are found in Hezekiah. The ones you are looking for are chapter 3 verse 11 and chapter 2 verse 4 respectively.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit