Lightning kills 5 children while PRAYING

by one 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• one
    one

sad, structure probably too high up and without good lighting arrester.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12467604/?GT1=7938

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, how sad.

• anewme
    anewme

That is sooo sad. Thankyou for sharing that though. I needed to feel the pain of people so far away from me.
    But seriously, the children shouldnt have been praying at a pagan cross anyway.
    Im just kidding. Its a terrible tragedy. Lightening deaths always are.
    I knew a girl who was climbing Half Dome in Yosemite National park with her fiance and out of the blue
    WHAM BAM!!!! Lightening strikes him and he hurls right off the mountain side to his death! She fairly flies down the mountain herself screaming and screaming, out of her mind you know. I met her 6 months after the tragedy and she was just starting to mend from the shock to her spirituality.

Go figure these things. There is no rhyme or reason. This is when I pull out the old Proverb scripture "time and unforseen occurrence befall them all"

Everyday could be our last....thats just the way it is.

• bebu
    bebu
    HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The death of five children is hardly funny.

bebu

• zagor
    zagor

Really sad, can't imagine what goes through minds of their parents right now.

unfortunately also this is how superstition is made real

• Zuko
    Zuko

SOL

That was perfect

• luna2
    luna2
    HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, how sad.

Okay, I had the same reaction at first glance. More of a "see how god loves and protects his devout worshippers" sort of thing. On the other, more serious, hand...yes, it is very sad and quite awful.

• undercover
    undercover

A terrible tragedy.

But...since some believers are so quick to claim divine intervention whenever someone is saved from some terrible disaster by seemingly miraculous means, shouldn't these same people be claiming divine intervention to a situation as this?

• Gregor
    Gregor

SoL,

Have you lost all perspective? You have, apparently, freed yourself from religous victimization by the JW org. and you have shared this with us the last several days. Yet your response to the deaths of these children, who could not possibly be anything but little Catholics due to their entire world being Catholic, is very cold hearted and cynical. Have you become what you hate????

• daystar
    daystar

undercover

But...since some believers are so quick to claim divine intervention whenever someone is saved from some terrible disaster by seemingly miraculous means, shouldn't these same people be claiming divine intervention to a situation as this?

Of course. They lacked faith, you see.

That it happened saddens me.

Daystar (of the "You shouldn't fool with Mother Nature" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit