Would someone be willing to help me to get my avatar on?

by Cabin in the woods 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I have tried so many times to use an avatar that I have selected and saved on my desktop... got it from a tiny pic in a magazine. I changed it so that I was saving it in the proper format and still nothing. I am very, very frustrated.

cab

• ballistic
    ballistic

When you say you changed it, it has to be a genuine jpg or gif file. You cannot simply change the file extention name. Am I on the right track?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

You have a PM

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

ooops,

The darned thing said it only can use certain extensions on a pic so by god I gave it one of them.

You might just be onto something there!

cab

p.s. could I email the pic to you and see if you can do what it has to have done to it?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, yes you can - it needs converting with a converting tool. I can do it for you (email removed)

• dmouse
    dmouse

Don't forget, the picture needs to be stored on the internet somewhere...otherwise all everyone else gets is a red X as they can't access your desktop.

Your ISP should give you some web-space.

I use www.strike9.com but I'm sure there are a lot more, and better (easier) ways to store your stuff online.

• ballistic
    ballistic

You got the avatar in your mail box in jpg format - before it was bmp.

dmouse - the avatar upload works differently.

• ballistic
    ballistic

What dmouse is explaining is how to post a picture in a post which we get asked every 5 minutes. For uploading the avatar just do what you did before.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I removed my email address from the post above so it doesn't get harvested by bots, but if you don't have it in your out box or need it again let me know.

• misanthropic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit