Outline for Special Talk "Is God Still in Control" for April 30th 2006

by Elsewhere 43 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    I find it very interesting that in this talk they say Jehover "remains very much in control of matters affecting the earth" yet at the same time they say that Satan rules the world on their web site.

My thoughts exactly!

• Dune
    Dune

Thanks elsewhere.

Wish i got it earlier so i could freak some elders out.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Thanks Elsewhere. What is so special about this talk? From my 3 minute skim, looks pretty similar to every other "special talk".

-silent

• serendipity
    serendipity

NO mention of the faithful & discreet slave. Not a bad talk.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What is so special about the "special talk" is that it's a new addition to the series. The series, of course, has only about 150 talks in it, which means that you hear the same talks over and over again, at least every 3 years, and that's assuming uniform turnover. In reality, you hear some hardly ever, and others almost constantly (or so it seems). Is it just me, or does it seem like they cite WT publications even more often than the Bible in this outline to support their assertions? Guess we know where their teachings really come from...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Elsewhere, thanks for posting this. Ive been curious what this talk is about. I still dont really know what its about.... lol.

• carla
    carla

If one believes in God, why would they question if He was 'still in control'? and need to explain that He is? Wouldn't it be a given?

• heathen
    heathen

yah jehovah may be in control but his organization is out of control .

I just have a feeling what they are going to wind up saying is that obedience to the WTBTS is the same as letting God control your life . There just seems like something big is on it's way down the pike . It's probly going to be a doozy and not just a minor adjustment to some understanding . It's obvious to me jehovahs chariot like organization needs a serious over haul .

• serendipity
    serendipity

Elsewhere, thanks to you and your anonymous source!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Elsewhere thanks -you really have the inside track

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit