I'm going to an HRI conference in ENGLAND!! :-)

by Cady 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Cady
    Cady

My prof wrote me and invited me to attend this conference: http://ro-man2006.feis.herts.ac.uk/

I'm in absolute heaven!! I don't imagine I'll have much free time, but if anyone's close by maybe we could grab a drink?

• Swan
    Swan

How cool is that?!!! I'm happy for you Cady. And a little envious. It sounds very geeky and cutting edge.

I got to go to a Microsoft Visual Studio conference in San Francisco last year. It was my first big conference and it was great. Lots of sneak peeks at VS 2005 and tablet PCs. Fun!

And I got a lot of cool swag to bring back. Maybe you'll win a neat robot to carry all of your bags home.

Tammy

• luna2
    luna2

That's very exciting! I've always wanted to go to England but my job will never require foreign travel. lol

Hope you are able to meet up with some of the JWDers while you are there.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Herts is north of London, I hope you get a chance to check out the capital !

• Sirona
    Sirona

I'm not close by but then relatively speaking *everything* is close by in England. From herts you might travel 3 hours on a train and be near Manchester / Liverpool area.

How many days are you here for?

Sirona

• Cady
    Cady

Well the conferences is only three days, and then travel time tacked on to either end. It would probably be only an evening that I'd be free. :-(

My research is largely based off research done in a lab at the University of Hertfordshire and so my prof is also seeing if he can arrange a tour of that lab for me. I'm actually considering applying for grad school there...I suppose I might end up there for a bit longer than three days eventually! I have lots of concerns about that though. The exchange rate is horriffic, and if I have a sufficiently tough time paying my bills in Seattle I'm not thinking it's going to be easier as a student in the UK. Even a plane ticket over there to get to grad school would be tough. And then there's the fact that I just don't know how anything functions. Of course, it could also be the most incredible adventure!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Bit too far away for me. But I bet you'll love it. I fell in love with England the first time I visited, and made a promise then and there that I would someday live here. :)

• JV
    JV

Can I come?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

((( Cady ))) That is sooooo kewl! Enjoy your trip.

How ya been? Havent seen ya since the ApostFest in Portland in November! Hugs girl.

Bren

• Cady
    Cady

JV - Yeah, but you know the price of admission is working every weekend, and every night, oh and then during the week...oh yeah, you do that anyway. ;-)

I'm doing great Brenda, how are you??

hugs,

c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit