WTS profiting from Katrina Disaster

by finis_mundi 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Does anyone know if this article can be backed up? I heard that this practice was just a rumor.

Thanks,

HS

• Phil
    Phil

This is all well and good but does anyone have Watchtower documents that instuct the members to do what is written here. I have been trying to assemble authentic documents that I can show someone of what is going on. Someone here must have something in that area.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting, but I'm a bit wary without seeing something to substantiate this rather provacative claim. One thing I will say is that even years ago, there was a clear trend toward earmarking more money for the WWWork. For example, all leftover Circuit Assmebly monies were to be forwarded to the WTS for the WWW, once all local assembly expenses were met and resolutions were taken care of. Also, elders were told that the congregation was no longer to hold any 'rainy day' type of savings account. Any excess funds were to be sent to the WTS. On one occasion, a Circuit Overseer demanded that money held in an account from a deceased donor, specified by that donor specifically for local needs (such as assisting congregation members financially if they fell on hard times) was to be sent to the Society. The sheepish elders of course complied.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that's one hell of a not for profit charity they run there . I think everybody does that tho , the insurance companies take bids and the lowest bid wins , so really what they are doing is cutting some legitimate buisness throats with these shenanigans. I'm sure they have enough lawyers to make it all legal tho .

• LDH
    LDH

Can witnesses put checks in the contribution boxes that state "money to be used for Katrina only"?

They were specifically directed NOT to make any specific memo on the check as to what it was to be used for. I believe a letter was posted here to that effect.

They were advised that the checks should be made to the Worldwide preaching work--that the "loving brothers" would decide best where the money would go.

• heathen
    heathen

I know I would like to find out more on what happened to those affected by katrina , if the WTBTS really looked after these people or did they simply worry about building new kingdub halls so they could get back in buisness in new orleans . I did see that video where they were boxing up some relief but that doesn't mean they had made arrangements to house these people . How much you wanna bet they went to the evil government for help ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit