Another Committee Meeting?

by SickofLies 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Smiles
    Smiles

There is no Fifth Amendment right with WT judicial committees. If you choose not to answer their questions, it can be considered the same as deliberate failure to appear and a flagrant disregard for theocratic order. The appeal committee will then approve the public announcement of the original committee's decision to disfellowship you.

The elders have already informed you that there is no need for witnesses at this second meeting with the appeal committee. They will probably not allow your legal representation into the room. So you will either meet with the elders alone or not meet with them. If you choose not meet with them, that is a deliberate failure to appear. If you choose to meet with them, be prepared for the questions you may not want to answer.

The WT has the judicial committee arrangement designed to their advantage. Unless the elders make a serious error in judgment, the accused will usually lose.

• juni
    juni

I agree with Smiles

You're screwed either way. I think they like to make these announcements and it livens up the mtgs. at the end as people wait for the latest dirty.

Juni

• juni
    juni

I mean DIRT

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I believe you will be getting the axe.

Listened to the audio. Unbelievable. The level of stupidity blows my mind.

Thanks for sharing all of this with us.

wanna

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I really care about you guys so....... should you post so much info publically?--Spies--just concerned.peace.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think you'll get df'd too or they'll say by your actions you are da'ing yourself..

UNLESS "fear of man" (legal reprecussions) cause them not to df you.

either way, you hang in there, be prepared.. and stay calm! hugs

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

You could add this little twist:

When they ask you to meet with them say...go ahead, but only say: "I have to pray on these matters more so I think it's best if we all wait on the holy spirit"

If they press you for your views say "I have stuggled with doubts in the past, but as I said before, I intend to wait on jehooobAAh"

Or "I'm reluctant to draw any conclusions before I study and pray on it".

Don't offer any comments or evidence...... what can they say?

• White Waves
    White Waves

The last few posts are excellent. Way to trip them up!

My father is an Elder, He told me the coffin is nailed if they:

Deny the bible is Jehovah's word and that it is the truth

Admit to no longer praying or believing in prayer through Jesus Christ

Defame an Elder/husband or gossip too much about opinions in opposition. The accusation of gossiper can be construed as apostasy or stumbling others. Elders just need to find intent to do harm to the organization.

Or... they'll break the accused by persistant annoyance balanced with games of avoidance to bring frustrations to boiling point. Then, the person will do or say something to do themselves it.

You know, these little committee meetings are usually during or after meetings so it is blatantly apparent to everyone that you are a "problem". The elders even stand outside the door and talk all serious make a scene. You don't see the elder's picking a neutral spot or visiting your home for this crap. It is another way to undermine you to the others in "The Faith" Been there.

Now I gotta go hear these tapes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit