Free Home Bible Study, NOT!

by VM44 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

Hey! I am not a raving apostate!

What I wrote is an accurate representation concerning the majority of JW home bible studies.

Some witnesses have conducted home studies using only the Bible, but that is somewhat the exception to the norm.

One thing to keep always in mind is that the Jehovah's Witnesses is a publication based religion.

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

As long as the person answers the current 200 questions correctly required for baptismal candidates, some elders will let them get baptized. I know of 2 people who never "studied" with anyone, simply read the publications, answered the questions, and were baptized. It is amazing how desperate elders can be to add to their statistics.

Blondie

• architect
    architect

Our minds are so locked in with the those publications!

You take away the publications and how many of us could actually explain the bible?

• apfergus
    apfergus

Indoctrination it is. There are so many places in the Bible where the JWs actually switch rhetoric practically in mid verse in order to squeeze out support for their position. Take away the suplements from the society and pressure from a study conductor and I'd wager no one would be able to come to the same conclusions again.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

They give you a guided tour through the bible and you learn their interpretation of it. You do not learn what the actual bible teaches at all!

• VM44
    VM44

Before 1975, the Watchtower told the JWs to limiit the duration of a Bible Study to six months!

If the study did not make the decision to become a JW after six months, the study was to be terminated!

Now how in the world could the Bible be studied in only six months? Impossible!

The words "Bible Study" really should be changed to "Jehovah Witness Indoctrination Study Course" where the householder's mind will be molded to think in the approved manner that the Watchtower desires!

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

"extreme black-and-white fallacious argumentation"

Where have I made a fallacious argument? What I wrote is what happens generally when a JW conducts a home Bible study.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit