Strange Sudden DF'ing/Baptism Nullification ATTN. LURKERS

by unique1 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

OK well per my post yesterday most of you know I was suddenly disfellowshipped after my letter of Baptism nullification. I called the Presiding Overseer to ask why. I specifically listed in my letter that I was not to be disfellowshipped nor was I disassociating myself. He said that not being baptised mean that I was not a witness so they announced, MY NAME is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I replied that is the same announcement you make for someone that is disfellowshipped or disassociated. He said they followed what my letter said, they did not announce that I was disfellowshipped or disassociated, but merely that I was no longer a witness. I asked if people could still talk to me after that announcement. He said it is up to the individual. So I asked if my friend sees me and another witness sees her with me will she get in trouble. He said NO, it is a conscience matter if she speaks to you and up to each individual. In light of this I have reworded the Baptism Nullification letter for any who may choose to use it. It is pasted below. Here are the guidelines: no where can you say you do not want to be a witness, no where can you say they don't have the truth or that you don't believe they do.

CONFESSION

Date: 1-27-06

To:

IN THE COVER LETTER, be sure to follow the guidelines here as well. My cover letter worked because I covered it under Preacher Paritioner law as a confession. Even when my dad, an elder from another congregation, called they would tell him nothing about my letter.

CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Presiding Overseer:

As a current member of the congregation I consider this letter and the attached notarized confession to be privileged as allowed for by law under preacher, parishioner privilege. I realize that you may need to share this letter and the attached document with the ___________Body of Elders and with members of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. This is fine. As privileged communication, I ask that this letter and attached document be shared with no one other than the afore mentioned individuals. If news of this letter and attached document are spread among the congregation, I will seek legal council.

I have attached a confession stating that I was forced into baptism by my parents and want my baptism nullified. I will not change my mind considering this matter. I have been thinking about it for years now and have made my decision carefully. Please know that I have no intention of associating with any Jehovah’s Witnesses with the exception of my parents. I also bear no malice towards the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Should you need further clarification on this matter you may reach me at ___________. I will not accept any sheparding calls.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

WOW, can this really hold up in other congregations as well? unique1, do you have a pretty laid-back congregation or is it uptight? I think mine is too uptight to agree to this! Plus the congregation would just assume it means I'm DF'd or DA'd and refuse to associate with me.

I'm afraid if I were to use this letter (which is very well written, by the way) anybody lurking would know/assume I got it from here and then I could get DF'd for participating in this site.

What do you think?

• undercover
    undercover
    they did not announce that I was disfellowshipped or disassociated, but merely that I was no longer a witness. I asked if people could still talk to me after that announcement. He said it is up to the individual. So I asked if my friend sees me and another witness sees her with me will she get in trouble. He said NO, it is a conscience matter if she speaks to you and up to each individual.

And there will be a talk on how to use their Bible trained conscience... i.e. how to treat those who turn their back on Jehovah.

Try associating with your old JW friends for six months and then letting us know how it worked out.

I have a feeling that most will tow the line when it comes to shunning one who "is no longer a Jehovah's Witness".

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I asked if people could still talk to me after that announcement. He said it is up to the individual. So I asked if my friend sees me and another witness sees her with me will she get in trouble. He said NO, it is a conscience matter

He just didn't have the guts to level with you. After that announcement, dubs will universally treat you as a DF'd person. The only ones who will talk to you are the few who would have if the announcement included the word "disfellowshipped."

Apparently one of the reasons they changed the wording of the announcement to a one-size-fits-all generality is that it makes their job easier. I mean, they don't need an "investigation," they don't need a lengthy judicial committee "hearing," it's just "no longer one of..." and you're out!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

as per 1 year ago - It is no longer announced that X has been disfellowshipped. It is said that x (for whatever sin) is no longer a J.W. Again, this could emcompose the grossest sin.

At bethel, we use to hear many disfellowshippings from the table. As in everyone is tied in (the 3 complexes) and is said that x has been disfellowshipped. Freakin scary! But now, it is said that x is no longer a J.W. It does not carry the same weight but now it could encompass any type of sin.

Wish you well.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    It does not carry the same weight

Yes, it does. It carries exactly the same weight, as the WTS made clear when they effected the wording change.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

to a degree it carries the same weight but in who's mind? For the WTBTS same weight.. but for the regular dub they won't know to treat the individual with the new announcement, they would be like, should i talk to this person? If it was a straight up DF then a dub would stay away from you.

• unique1
    unique1

My parents have decided to shun me but my friends seem cool with the Elders answer. I have reworded the Baptism Nullification letter to encompass this new announcement. You are right, everyone thinks I am disfellowshipped due to the announcement but if they ask the elders they will say no she isn't disfellowshipped she is just no longer a witness. I tried to post the new letter but it didn't work. If you are interested in it, PM me and I will email it to you. I think the reworded one could work, as my old school one almost did.

Anyone lurking on here would have to confess to lurking on here and I doubt most of the lurkers are the elders and the few of the ones who would see your letter.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

That is very interesing that the elder said it is up to the individual as to whether or not they would speak to you.......with this general announcement then doesn't it leave it up to each person 's conscience every time there is an announcement no matter for what ? He said the person would not be in trouble for talking to the person ?

• bebu
    bebu

I don't get it. How do they say that you are no longer a witness if you wished to convey that you were never a witness? That is, if you were coerced into baptism, were you really a JW in the sense they work so hard to maintain? I would complain, if you think it can make a difference.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit