Interesting how things seem to happen sometimes......

by troubled mind 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Thats really wonderful! I imagine they are in shock! I pray you come together again as a family should be!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I felt the same way.

There was actually one person in particular who came to mind when I realized what I had done to our relationship. At the time, she'd dared to question the integrity of the Org. I thought I'd "won", since I had a scripture to spit in her face for every objection she made. When I realized that I wasn't in God's organization, that I was in a high-control group, that she'd been right, I sent her a written apology as soon as I could. Her reaction was similar to the one Alana experienced. We're best friends now - picked up right where we left off. And I know that her friendship is one of the many blessings I've enjoyed since leaving.

I've also re-established ties with a couple of "inactive" relatives that my immediate family seemed to take pains to avoid. Our get-togethers were always tense (at least for me). And we weren't exactly gracious when we talked about them behind their backs. I feel closer to them now than ever - moreso than I am with my parents, even. I've discovered that they're much better people than I gave them credit for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit