dammit sass, you were right

by osmosis 6 Replies latest jw friends

• osmosis
    osmosis

Bah. BAH I say!

After talking with the JW aunt yesterday and feeling extremely frustrated at her ability to twist logic and not see things that are right in front of her, I started feeling kinda down.

Dammit, sass was right, I worked myself into a depression over this. BAH!

At work today I couldn't get this song outta my head:

All alone, or in twos
    The ones who really love you
    Walk up and down outside the wall

Some hand in hand
    Some gather together in bands
    The bleeding hearts and the artists take their stand

And when they've given you their all
    Some stagger and fall
    After all it's not easy banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall

It's been years since I've had a full-on Pink Floyd depressive episode. Gave my head a shake, feeling a little better now, just thought I'd share the song which seemed very apt.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

O,

don't kick yourself, you tried, give your aunt time. Just keep showing her love. You did good - V Sky

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

aaaaw sorry kitten!

You do have a very kind interest in your aunt's welfare but it might be a misdirection of your energy. You need to focus on yourself first. It turns out that grown-ups are responsible for their own lives, and the directions that their decisions take them. Your aunt makes her own choices, and she'll live with the consequences.

Meantime, you can get active in making your life great. You should think about how you're going to do that now that you've helped yourself to freedom!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am convinced it is the human brain's complexity that allows us to be fooled so completely. The more firmly you try and yank them out, the harder they struggle to stay in. This very human phenomenon reminds me of the chinese finger trap.

fingertraps.jpg (15486 bytes) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_finger_trap

To coax your Aunt out of the society, you will have to come up with a strategy, and expect to take several years in execution.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Quiet desperation is the English way

• greendawn
    greendawn

I suppose some JWs that invested a great deal in this org do not want to accept that it is all a vain lie so they will carry on believing it regardless, that's human nature.

They still want to see a soon to be release from death and oppression yet this is the enticement, the bait, and nothing more.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

oh Ossie...your post really brought tears to my eyes.

{{{{{{{{{{{ossie}}}}}}}}}}}

Don't be sad.

I promise you it gets better from here and one thing I have learned is; at first it seems that no good deed goes unpunished, but wait awhile and you will see wonderful things come from every good thing you do. Life really is beautiful outside the org, and people you would have never imagined coming out will come out. Love is eternal. Don't be afraid to give it, even when it hurts.

Be good to yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit